Masked Ball Transatlantic

Altonia

Went on TA last year and they didn't have a masked ball but it is a feature of some other cruise lines where, yes, they do sell masks on board! :rolleyes: I'd suggest you go to a party shop if you hve one locally - ours recently closed but they used to sell masks at a variety of prices and I think that is likely to be a lot cheaper. ;)

You can rest assured they will be 'on sale'!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps I should stock up before I go and sell them to other passengers, I could do with a bit extra spending money!!!

Great opportunity to be The Lone Ranger or Zorro !!!

My DH is sure they used to have masks on cereal packets that you could cut out and secure with string and is checking out the cornflakes box. Failing that with Halloween coming up he is considering a flesh eating zombie mask. Your suggestions sounds much more sophisticated, I have always secretly fancied Zorro, I am not so sure about The Lone Ranger as he always seemed a bit to fond of his horse.

Went on TA last year and they didn't have a masked ball but it is a feature of some other cruise lines where, yes, they do sell masks on board! :rolleyes: I'd suggest you go to a party shop if you hve one locally - ours recently closed but they used to sell masks at a variety of prices and I think that is likely to be a lot cheaper. ;)

Good idea, we do have a local party shop. We aren't sure whether we will attend or not at least if we go prepared with our own masks (which are bound to be cheaper than on board) we can decide on the day.

We were in a transatlantic cruise a few years ago with thomsons and there was a masked ball on, it was quite formal, the ladies wore evening gowns and the men wore dinner suits.

They did have some masks in the shop which you could buy but they also had mask making class if I remember correctly there was a fee for this ,but it was to cover costs and was not expensive, my wife and I attended these sessions and made our own , I think I was only guy there but it was a good laugh and something to do when on a sea day and I would recommend you do this if they are on. There might be someone you can call to find out but I am not sure. But I would think if they are having a masked ball there is a good chance that they will have classes. If they are on take hubby with you, like me he will probably say I not doing that but really it's quite fun and you can make matching his and hers mask lol. Alternately you could maybe buy some before you go,

Yes this was on the Destiny and the mask classes that time were free and they had two sessions per day - about 20 went to each class and many ladies made two - one for themselves and one for their other half.

Others brought masks with them from home, some bought them in the shop but they were not as good as some seen and made and it was surprising how many actually had masks.

You can not have been in the same class as me as I went with my wife.

This was the first transatlantic on the Destiny when the ship went to Catalina Island in December 2008.

Ours was after that Huddersfield it might have been 2009 we sailed from Lisbon and I remember it was a bad winter and a lot of flights home were cancelled or very late we were the only exception we flew back to Glasgow and everything was on time. It was the destiny