Native Way - Flawless!

jazzbird925

My husband and I just returned from a 7-day Valor cruise. Both Soto's and Nativeway had been highly recommended on this sight so when Sharon of Nativeway responded to my email first (in less than a day) we booked the Stingray Sandbar City tour.

The Valor was late arriving in Grand Cayman (apparently this is not unusual) but Sheldon, Nativeway's owner, met us at the dock, asked if we minded waiting for the other Valor passengers who had yet to tender into port and then compensated us for the delay etc. by upgrading our tour at no charge to us. He and his tour operators are delightful, patient, professional, gracious, extremely attentive and very safety conscious. We toured with a group of 27 - a perfect number - particularly given that by all accounts, the Valor excursions are overcrowded, consequently, sometimes compromising personal attention etc.

Our day was memorable and the best of the 4-port cruise. Sheldon and Sharon are to be commended for running an incredible operation and hiring a staff of real professionals! Our only complaint: too little time on Grand Cayman so we'd love to return to venture out with Nativeway again!

Gayle

Thanks for the great reply. We will be with them in Feb. Can you tell me a bit more of your day. What you did, what you saw & where you ate. Just looking to get a better idea of what we have in store for us.

TIA

Dyanna

Thank you for the post-I am trying to decide who to book with-we want a small group on our boat. Is this the company that also offers Rum Point? I would like to go there, too. We want to do SR City, snorkel, and Rum Point. Nativeway sounds very good. We are going in Nov.

Thank you for the post-I am trying to decide who to book with-we want a small group on our boat. Is this the company that also offers Rum Point? I would like to go there, too. We want to do SR City, snorkel, and Rum Point. Nativeway sounds very good. We are going in Nov.

Yes, Nativeway is the Tour Co that does the Rays, Reef & Rum Point Tour. This is the same excursison I have booked for our RCCL cruise in Feb 2006.

Dyanna

Hi Dyanna.

Since the Valor was late arriving in GC, our day was cut a bit short. Although my husband and I caught the first tender, the other passengers didn't arrive until atleast an hour behind us, consequently delaying the excursion. Unfortunate because we would have loved more time in GC.

That said, Sheldon (Native Way's owner) made it all work. When all had arrived at the port, he whisked us away in a comfortable and air conditioned van to the boat where we were introduced to his crew. They went over safety instructions as we were on the way to the sandbar. When they saw the sandbar overcrowded, they opted to take us snorkling first - 30-45 minutes, and then returned to the sandbar for another 30-45 minutes of fun with the stingrays. The crew was extrememly mindful of involving all the passengers with feeding, petting and picture taking and very patient with those who were uncertain, scared or first-timers.

Enroute to Rum Point, they took our lunch orders so that our meals would be ready upon our arrival (this gesture was much appreciated!) The food was wonderful - my husband had the fish and chips and I had the Spicey Grilled Mahi Mahi wrap which was delicious. We then had an hour or so on the beach before heading back.

Nice day, smooth operation, wonderful personnel. I can't say enough about Sheldon and his employees. He met the boat back at the dock and was truly interested as to whether or not we'd enjoyed ourselves - all did.

You will be in good hands with Native Way. Check out their website for other excursions. If and when we return to GC (the only port of the 4 we'd return to) we will tour with Native Way.

Good luck, have fun and if you speak to Sheldon, tell him the blonde diabetic from the Valor sends her best and recommended his excursions. He may even remember my name.

Gayle

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com

Thanks for the review on Nativeway. We will be doing the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion on September 6 and very excited. I've seen many posts from folks who've said this was the best part of their entire cruise.

Thanks for the review on Nativeway. We will be doing the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion on September 6 and very excited. I've seen many posts from folks who've said this was the best part of their entire cruise.

Be careful, with time. make sure they know what time you need to be back.. we almost missed the last tender. because we were on ship time..

Archived