Guarantee room upgrades

kteg1752

We booked a room on a guarantee. We've already been assigned our room (which is in a not so great location, which is my fault for booking a guarantee) My question, is it still possible to receive an upgraded room considering we've already been placed in a room?

[quote name='kteg1752']We booked a room on a guarantee. We've already been assigned our room (which is in a not so great location, which is my fault for booking a guarantee) My question, is it still possible to receive an upgraded room considering we've already been placed in a room?[/QUOTE]

It's doubtful, but anything can happen. What category of room did you book? You can try to call and pay for an upgrade if you really feel you need to change.
As you said, you take a chance when you book a guaranty to save money.

I received one recently after noticing a price drop on my sailing. Got upgraded from an inside guarantee to a midship balcony. Sweeeeeet! It took calling a few times but persistence pays if you see a price drop! If you booked thru a TA, ask them to call back and get a new NCL agent if the first won't cooperate. It could cost $30 or $60 more pp, but generally it's well worth it!

Once your room is assigned, the odds of NCL changing it are slim to none. However, if the price falls after final payment, you may be able to get upgraded to whatever cat. is pricing at what you paid. You also may have the option of paying the difference to upgrade to a different cat.