Bring wine on board on embarkation

Happy People

You cannot take bottles of wine or wine boxes in your hand luggage!!! in case anyone has not noticed all liquids other than 100ml bottles are confiscated,,either put a wine box in your case well packed or buy some when you arrive in Barbados or wherever you arrive !!!

Has anyone suggested doing so?!

Your helpful message belongs in 2006.

yes they did!!! Dai B suggested it i do not follow your 2006 comment , i was in fact trying to be helpful sorry if i impinged on your forum

2006 refers to the year the liquids ban came in.

Dai doesn't fly these days so was probably referring to ex Southampton cruises, when he does mention Barbados he talks about going to the DF shop once there.

Always worth reminding people of the liquids rule but I think most on here are fairly well travelled.

2006 refers to the year the liquids ban came in.

Dai doesn't fly these days so was probably referring to ex Southampton cruises, when he does mention Barbados he talks about going to the DF shop once there.

Always worth reminding people of the liquids rule but I think most on here are fairly well travelled.

Yes if you look that's what I said, I suggested getting of the plane going to the ship and then checking in and then getting the D/F from the terminal in Barbados.

You can of course buy your Wine etc airside in the UK and take it with you as you cannot pass security to get airside with liquids.

I may not have flown for a while but I know the rules.

The last time I did the Barbados flight was 2011.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes if you look that's what I said, I suggested getting of the plane going to the ship and then checking in and then getting the D/F from the terminal in Barbados.

You can of course buy your Wine etc airside in the UK and take it with you as you cannot pass security to get airside with liquids.

Now Dai

No back chatting the imperious one :D:D:D:D:D

Cb

I'll think you'll find in the above exchange that he was backing me up rather than back chatting.

Now Dai

No back chatting the imperious one :D:D:D:D:D

Cb

CB, I think you need to read what I said more carefully. I don't disagree with everything other people say, well one person, well there may be a few.

BTW That will be two bites, only I had to say something as we don't often agree.

Edited by daiB

As far as I know its only P&O who allow it. Reason enough for me to stick with P&O for foreseeable future :D

Cunard allow you to bring as much as you like on board.

We always take at least six or eight bottles of the Widow (get spirits supplied included in cost).

A friend always takes a case of 12 champagne and just labels it with his room No and gives it to the porters without any problems.

Stewart