OK another newbie question

longboard55

You would miss meeting the people at your table (if you are not at a two-top) and your servers. Might be nice to let the maitre d' know that you are eating in Palo so he can let the servers know. Since you get to eat in all the restaurants at least twice you will still get to see all of them.

I would book the first night and get your cruise off to a great start!

Edited by Scrapnana

DCL does not release all Palo reservations pre-cruise. On day of embarkation, the Navigator you will receive at check in will let you know where and when you can make dining changes/Palo reservations. I suggest you make this a priority upon boarding. If you decide to go to Palo on the first night and your dining rotation has you in Animators Palate, you will miss the activities in that dining room which are fun. Have a fun cruise!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Granana

It is impossible to dine in Palo and not miss something in the MDR. The question is what you are choosing to miss.

As above, approximately 1/2 of Palo reservations are never released on line. MAKE an on line reservation and then go to the location listed for Palo reservations (typically the restaurant itself) and change to what you really want.

I wouldn't sweat which night you're going too much aside from keeping in mind that you will want to be in Animator's Pallet one night, and you don't want that night to be pirate night. You'll likely be able to enjoy Palo any night you want. Several times I've requested Palo and Remy at the last minute when they're booked and they've always worked me in. I've seen people just walk up as well.

If all that is left is 1st and last, I would pick first. After a week of cruise eating, a specialty dinning room on the last night is a bit much for me.

And as someone else mentioned, once you check in and see your rotation, you will know which dining room you will miss. You can always change to another night as soon as you board. On the Dream and Fantasy, I loved the second night better than the first. On Magic and Wonder, I honestly didn't think what they had was a big deal at all. I am hoping it has changed to be more like the big ships. Guess I'll find out soon.

As this is my first cruise how do I know which is a good night to miss?[/QUO

My choice--skip adult dining on your first cruise. Experience each of the dining rooms and menus. Save adult dining for your second cruise when you will know what it OK to miss in your eyes.

That said, we don't like to miss Animator's. We are OK with missing pirate night. We don't like to miss the first or last night. Other people have other opinions on this.

If you want to do adult dining on your first cruise, go ahead and make a reservation on line. Then at check in when you get your KTTW card. see if it conflicts with anything you feel strongly about. If so, you go to Palo and move the adult dining.