Ventura Xmas Cruise

thomros

Good morning all, We are booked on the Ventura leaving from Gatwick on 19 Dec. on British Airways at 10.40am. I am aware that I have to go through immigration at Barbados but could those of you who have done this cruise before please advice when would I have to attach the cruise label tag to my suitcase, do I do it when checking in at Gatwick or when I get to Barbados.

Secondly a P & O rep will meet us at Barbados airport but what happens to the suitcases when we get to the cruise terminal, do they automatically go on the ship or do I have to check them in. Also what happens to the suitcases on disembarkation after leaving them outside the cabins the night before. My flight back to Gatwick is 20.15 pm what time would we have to leave the ship to go to the airport.

Will I be able to pre book seats on British Airways since I do not have a booking reference for BA, if so, is this free.

What is the atmosphere like on board on Xmas Eve, Xmas Day and New Year's Eve.

Is there anyone out there who will be on the same flights as myself ?

Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Im afraid I cannot comment on the flight aspect as we have only used the P&O charters.

Weve been on Ventura for Christmas and then the next year for New Year.

Its a good atmosphere. The decorations are lovely with a big tree in the atrium and all the staff wear santa hats.

There was a special menu on Christmas Eve and of course Christmas Day. For Christmas Day if you were on Freedom Dining you had to pre-book one of two sittings for dinner rather than just turn up (a bit strange having Christmas Dinner at 8.30). There was a passenger choir, Santa gave out presents to the kids on deck and people decorated their cabin doors with cards and garlands.

On our New Year cruise we boarded on New Years Eve. That evening the menu was as normal with New Years Day being a regular formal night. I seem to remember a poolside party running up to midnight but Im afraid we were too tired to last that long.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do the same cruise in February, flying from Manchester. I expect the suitcase arrangements to be the same as it was for our Med cruise on the Ventura. which was, after leaving our luggage at Manchester airport. the next time we saw it was in our cabin about 15 minutes after we entered it.

Going home we left it outside the cabin and picked up from again at Manchester airport

I do the same cruise in February, flying from Manchester. I expect the suitcase arrangements to be the same as it was for our Med cruise on the Ventura. which was, after leaving our luggage at Manchester airport. the next time we saw it was in our cabin about 15 minutes after we entered it.

Going home we left it outside the cabin and picked up from again at Manchester airport

The OP is flying BA, not a P&O charter where bags are taken straight through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We flew BA last year to BGI. You pick up your bags in arrivals and meet the P&O reps outside - they direct you to a waiting lorry where you deposit your bags and you then get on a coach. The next time you see your bags is in your cabin. Last year we put on my P&O luggage tags in arrivals in Barbados before going out to meet the rep.

On the way back the bags were collected outside your cabin as usual, however they were dropped at the airport in front of your airport bus as it arrived. You had to lift them and bring them to the BA check-in desks - about 30 feet away. BA were efficient at dealing with them at check-in for the flight home...

Cliff and Noreen