Papeete Pre-Cruise Questions

mkcruise

I read somewhere, that I can't find now, that there are pay storage lockers near the car rental place at the Papeete airport. We will be renting a car after the 5:35 AM arrival on 10/9 to do the circle tour, but would most likely need to store the bags. Anyone know if the lockers are there (or elsewhere), size, and cost?

Hi!

I am trying to find out what is the best co to rent a car. What co many are you using and what rate did you get for what car?

Thanks,

Maria

I am normally a Hertz fan, but we are using Avis since it includes unlimited mileage, but I think it comes to around $110/day, including the charge for dropping off in town at the end of the rental; the per mile charge from Hertz seemed pretty steep, and I just did not know how many miles (km's) we would put on, particularly if we do the island tour.

• 1 month later...

Well you could give up the last night of the cruise in Papeete and get off in Moorea and stay at a hotel.

I think to do this you would need to contact Princess and have your bill paid up and permission.

We are staying at the Sofitel Moorea pre-cruise.

The problem I see is that the ferry only runs twice that day...Sunday.

My e-mail is conley0601@aol.com.

We leave Saturday night Air France.

We are on tht September 28, 2015 Pacific Princess cruise and are planning to disembark 1 day early in Moorea for our post-cruise stay. It means giving up a dinner/night on ship we've paid for but it will be a lot less hassle going overnight to Papeete just to disembark early, wait for a ferry, travel back to Moorea, transfer to the hotel, and then be there hours before our room would be available.

Others on CC say we'll need to inform Princess, settle our account early, and they arrange immigration in Moorea.

Please keep this thread posted as to what you decide and do so we can follow suit.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a good moderated hotel in Pepeette. Last time we stayed at the Sheraton (Now Hilton). It was a bit pricy but we planned for that. The only problem was they charged our credit card twice, but we got that straightned out.

Now I am retired and looking for a safe comfortable hotel at moderate pricies. Any suggestions. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

We're arriving in PPT on Feb 26th for 2 days before our cruise. We're wondering how much spending money we might need?

There's just 2 of us, and we arrive late on the 26th, so there's really just a couple days to relax.

Thanks in advance!

Fare Suisse is a great choice as you get transport to and from included. It is about a 1 -2 block walk to a large supermarket, a 5 minute walk to the waterfront, and once on the waterfront about a 10 minute walk around to the area where the food trucks set up every night at 6:00 pm.

Bring a flashlight. When you walk from Fare Suisse you are on a one block stretch that is pitch dark. Trust me, you really need the flashlight.

We're arriving in PPT on Feb 26th for 2 days before our cruise. We're wondering how much spending money we might need?

There's just 2 of us, and we arrive late on the 26th, so there's really just a couple days to relax.

Thanks in advance!

Put your expenses on your CC and use ATM's when you can. A few hundred cash should be more than enough. In most cases restaurants, excursion companies, shops accept CCs. Requirements for spending money can vary greatly but there is no need to carry lots of cash.