Early or Late Traditional Dining on Princess

Mackenzie1

I am doing traditional dining for the first time this cruise, always done anytime in the past. If I miss my time because I'm in port late, may I go to anytime dining?

Sue

Yes. Just of the CB and we had 530 seating for dinner and did not get back on ship still grand turk until 5:30 and it was formal night. Went to dining room and told them that we would not be at our table for the 5:30 seating and asked if we could come later (our dining room was the coral which has the early seating and anytime beginning at 7). They said sure just come back when you are ready to this dining room or the island ding room. We came back around 7:30 and we're promptly seated and there were plenty of available tables

Late seems to have more advantages to us than early. I can't remember ever eating dinner before 6:30PM, especially at a restaurant. There are fewer children and fewer guests at the late seating. They never need to rush your table to get ready for the next seating. We aren't farmers and need to get up before sunrise! No need to rush back onboard ship after an excursion. Who wants to have cocktail hour at 4:30PM, that would mean getting dressed for the evening at 4PM or so.