Questions Solstice

monctonmama

Hi, We are in the process of booking the Solstice for a 7 day Alaska cruise in May out of Seattle. The room number is 1158. Does anyone know if it is a good one?

Is Concierge Class worth it?

Is the cruise post located anywhere near the port where the Clipper from Canada comes in?

The only dining option that is available is 8 30 pm. Does that mean that we will miss the shows? Is there not anywhere else to eat if wanted to eat earlier?

Thanks we have never sailed Celebrity before, (in fact have only cruised onece before on Oceania) But want to try something different.

Hi, We are in the process of booking the Solstice for a 7 day Alaska cruise in May out of Seattle. The room number is 1158. Does anyone know if it is a good one?

Is Concierge Class worth it?

Is the cruise post located anywhere near the port where the Clipper from Canada comes in?

The only dining option that is available is 8 30 pm. Does that mean that we will miss the shows? Is there not anywhere else to eat if wanted to eat earlier?

Thanks we have never sailed Celebrity before, (in fact have only cruised onece before on Oceania) But want to try something different.

There is a sticky at the top of the page where you can see comments about specific rooms.

The opinions about Concierge Class vs standard Veranda are all over the place. Some consider it worth it, but only if barely a cost difference. Please read the description and decide for yourself. You can also search these boards for opinions.

The 8:30 seating means you will often see the show before dinner. The shows are definitely planned to allow you to see them, though. If you wish to eat earlier, there is the buffet, the Bistro on Five, which has a small ($7 per person I believe) charge, room service (free) or the specialty restaurants which have a higher fee.

For what it's worth: I do like concierge class for the points.

Also, we prefer late dining because it is less likely to interfere with excursions and sail away. I like to watch sail away from the sunset deck. In May, the days will be pretty long and I don't like to miss any of the view during daylight and sunset is amazing, if it's a clear day.

And, they do have the shows before dinner for the late seating. I think show times are usually about 7:00 and 9:00 pm.

I think that you will love Alaska! Make sure that you pack warm clothing. :)