Experienced canadians cruisers

Du vent dans les voiles

do you find you get a better rate on board the cruises? I too am from Nova Scotia (Halifax) and we are looking at booking a trip for next November 2015. We are doing a cruise this November so would it be better to book on board, rather than use our TA?

Generally speaking... Onboard can be Celebrity's best pricing

But you have to be a fully informed buyer going into the process

We check prices before we cruise on Celebrity's Website, as well as any offers... Both the Weekly Specials & those for Captain Club Members (and we double check again when we are onboard via the FREE connect to Celebrity Website option in the Computer Area)

Ashore as Captain's Club Members you get whatever is being offered, PLUS the one subcategory upgrade and the 50% Deposit... But you have to ask for it (some conditions apply... ie upgrade not valid for C2 to C1 or Suites... Or for Holiday Cruises)

Aboard you get all that... Plus whatever is offered specifically aboard... Such as the now permanent Evergreen 123Go Offer, plus the Deposit / OBC Perk

For more info see this page for Future Cruises on the Celebrity Website = http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/t&c.html

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Would appreciate more details too, have seen hotels brands, airlines companies, transportation......

As I understand it the EXCLUSION is only for Travel Agents or Travel Agencies that sell cruises, when someone specifically links that idea together

Example: We use Bob at Ficticious Travel for our Cruises.

However, if one says something travel related then that is ok... We stay at ABC Hotels, use MNO Shuttles, or buy XYZ Travel Insurance (and it doesn't name Ficticious Travel as the source then you are good to go on Cruise Critic)

As HOST WALT is now here maybe he can comment further...

Cheers!

As I understand it the EXCLUSION is only for Travel Agents or Travel Agencies that sell cruises, when someone specifically links that idea together

However, if one says something travel related then that is ok... We stay at ABC Hotels, use MNO Shuttles, or buy XYZ Travel Insurance (and it doesn't name Ficticious Travel as the source then you are good to go on Cruise Critic)

Cheers!

Thank you Sloop-JohnB

Cheers!

Please re-read post #47, above, for specifics. We don't permit travel agents to post promotional posts and, as well, don't permit discussions of travel agents by members because travel agents are not permitted to respond to any positive or negative posts about their agency.

Please re-read post #47, above, for specifics. We don't permit travel agents to post promotional posts and, as well, don't permit discussions of travel agents by members because travel agents are not permitted to respond to any positive or negative posts about their agency.

Thanks HOST WALT

In that case, I would say I have not broken any rules with my summary statement (Post # 60)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks HOST WALT

In that case, I would say I have not broken any rules with my summary statement (Post # 60)

Cheers!

No, except sometimes I think my former travel agent Bob should have called himself a Fictitious Agency!

[Go Beach Boys]

Edited by Host Walt

I also have the TD USD card. We have borderless? account too. When US is cheap, we buy and save. We're always in the US so we maintain US cash savings. We charge to our USD card, then transfer money to pay off the card.

I think our service plan covers the fees on our USD card so it makes perfect sense for us. I pay for most of our cruises with US funds even when dealing with a Canadian agent.

I also have the TD USD card. We have borderless? account too. When US is cheap, we buy and save. We're always in the US so we maintain US cash savings. We charge to our USD card, then transfer money to pay off the card.

I think our service plan covers the fees on our USD card so it makes perfect sense for us. I pay for most of our cruises with US funds even when dealing with a Canadian agent.

I found you get a deal with Celebrity booking in CAD compared to the US price

Our next cruise , 14 night holy land cruise , was $534 CAD , ($480 US) on the US site was $499

I use a US based agent and have been very pleased with the service and knowledge she has.

I'm thinking that when we are next on board we will book a cruise and, as has been pointed out, the CAD cost is usually at a very favourable rate. But it seems to me that if I transfer my booking to my agent, I would lose that benefit as the cost would then be in US dollars.

Am I right?

I use a US based agent and have been very pleased with the service and knowledge she has.

I'm thinking that when we are next on board we will book a cruise and, as has been pointed out, the CAD cost is usually at a very favourable rate. But it seems to me that if I transfer my booking to my agent, I would lose that benefit as the cost would then be in US dollars.

Am I right?

Have you asked if they can book in CAN? My TA can (at least for Celebrity) and I know others do. Phone around:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Am I right?

As a Canadian you actually have a choice with Celebrity... You can book in either US or Cdn Currency. As others have said the Cdn Rates are usually very good... And beneficial if you have a Cdn Credit Card that gives perks... Such as Airmiles, Other Loyalty Points, or Cash Back (a lot of Cdn Banks that have US Currency Cards don't offer any perks with them)

The only thing is once you select the Currency for your Deposit... So it remains. So if you then go ahead and tranfer the booking to a TA (have 60 days to do that) then the Currency mst remain the same

Which is why you have to have a plan on where your TA will be... Canada or the USA and pay accordingly (although as pointed out by Others sometimes you will find a US TA who will take payment with a Cdn Credit Card for a cruise booked in Cdn Dollars)

Also... On board everything is in US Dollars. So if you have a US Currency Credit Card from a Cdn Bank... If that is the one you want to use onbard, You have to make sure that is the one that is registered for your Onboard SeaPass Account when you check in on E-Day

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB