Ocho Rios: Do the falls and zipline in one day?

melissy123

We are a group of six, older teenagers and active adults. We are in Jamaica in December, ship is in port from 10 am to 6 pm. We are thinking of doing ziplining in the early afternoon, and then do the falls later in the afternoon when the crowds have died down.

Is this doable? Does anyone have recommendations for zipline companies that will not be too far from the port?

My impression is that the falls are not too far from the port in Ocho Rios and is something that can be managed in 90 minutes or so. Is this correct or am I way off?

There are a number of zip line places, but the closest to the falls will be Mystic Mountain, which the kids might like as well. Chair lift up the mountain, then zip line and/or ride the bobsled down! It's very close to the falls. You could then head to the falls and climb them. I'd give myself a good 2 hrs at the falls. While you could climb them quickly if need be, it's fun to play around and find different paths to climb and holes to swim in.

I would recommend doing the Mystic Mountain right when you arrive, then head to the falls after the cruise crowds leave. If you arrive in port at 10 am, by the time you get off and get to MM it will be 11 or 11:30. Play around there for a couple hours and then head to the falls and before you know it, you'll be needing to hustle back to the ship.

There are a number of zip line places, but the closest to the falls will be Mystic Mountain, which the kids might like as well. Chair lift up the mountain, then zip line and/or ride the bobsled down! It's very close to the falls. You could then head to the falls and climb them. I'd give myself a good 2 hrs at the falls. While you could climb them quickly if need be, it's fun to play around and find different paths to climb and holes to swim in.

I would recommend doing the Mystic Mountain right when you arrive, then head to the falls after the cruise crowds leave. If you arrive in port at 10 am, by the time you get off and get to MM it will be 11 or 11:30. Play around there for a couple hours and then head to the falls and before you know it, you'll be needing to hustle back to the ship.

I second this suggestion. You can get combo tours through the cruise company or vendors like Shore Excursion Group to make organizing transit easy.

The falls and Mystic Mountain are right next to each other. We did a similar excursion last year on Allure of the Seas. We did the aerial explorer and bobsled at Mystic Mountain, not the zip lines. Next time we will definitely do the zip lines there.

Dunn Rivers Falls is great!

PDVD_014.jpg?resize=640%2C480

Have a great time!