Breeze - Porthole vs inside

hlb76

Hey all!!

We are currently booked for a Porthole on the Breeze in Feb 2015. I choose this room as I have never had one and they are a little larger than normal rooms. We are 3 in a cabin and my teenage son on the couch is nicer than climbing into a bunk. Plus it was the cheapest room ;) yet we still get some light.

I've been excited for this room just as its a new experience. We can walk right to our room after a long day ashore. Getting off the ship will be quick and easy (if there is a such a thing) being lower. I know there are cons like we are all the way forward and most of what we do and places we relax are aft. I look at that as my diet plan...lol

Now I see they have a promotion where I can be upgraded to an inside on a much higher deck for about $20.

I'm torn on if I should keep my Porthole or not. I'm still excited for the PH for all the reasons above. ( bigger room, natural light,etc) But LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Would be nice to be closer to the action. Yet I'm still debating upgrading all together to a Deluxe OV which will put me right back to deck 1 or 2.

What to do what to do.

Personal preference I suppose. I was booked in a low inside forward room. Took the price drop after final payment to get upgraded to a port hole one deck up. I would've did it and stayed on same deck if that matters. I like the thought of a porthole to look out for if I need to get my bearings and of course some natural light.

Good luck choosing. Can't go wrong, you'll be on the ship! But if your original room has everything you want such as a couch then I would stay. I can't remember if you said arrangements were the same if you moved.

Hey all!!

We are currently booked for a Porthole on the Breeze in Feb 2015. I choose this room as I have never had one and they are a little larger than normal rooms. We are 3 in a cabin and my teenage son on the couch is nicer than climbing into a bunk. Plus it was the cheapest room ;) yet we still get some light.

I've been excited for this room just as its a new experience. We can walk right to our room after a long day ashore. Getting off the ship will be quick and easy (if there is a such a thing) being lower. I know there are cons like we are all the way forward and most of what we do and places we relax are aft. I look at that as my diet plan...lol

Now I see they have a promotion where I can be upgraded to an inside on a much higher deck for about $20.

I'm torn on if I should keep my Porthole or not. I'm still excited for the PH for all the reasons above. ( bigger room, natural light,etc) But LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Would be nice to be closer to the action. Yet I'm still debating upgrading all together to a Deluxe OV which will put me right back to deck 1 or 2.

What to do what to do.

We stayed in 2221 on the Breeze. It should be fine for 3. I like having natural light in the cabin.

I would keep the porthole room - it's bigger which to me is even a better selling point than the natural light. They want to charge you $20 for an inside room which will be smaller than the porthole room and if you have 3 people, that can mean a lot.

I am currently browsing Breeze as we are booking her shortly, and came across the Interior rooms with Walkway view. They were similarly priced to oceanviews, if not cheaper, and look to be bigger than normal rooms and get a picture window on the Lido deck, with a large open deck a few feet away.

Perhaps give that a look.

Keep the porthole. I love those rooms. Only switch if you are concerned about motion. The portholes feel more motion than midship rooms. I like that the motion is consistent, like being rocked to sleep. There is no comparison between those 210 sq.ft. porthole rooms and the super tiny 150 sq.ft. interiors. (Those are the true measurements, based on my tape measurer and my mathematical mind.) The sofabed alone makes it worth it. No upper bunk above you. No awkward setup like the insides have. No having to choose between sleeping apart from your spouse or risking banging your head and/or knees all week if the beds are together.

We had a 3-person porthole room booked on the Dream for awhile. The inside rooms dropped so much, that we could have "upgraded" to a regular interior for almost $200 LESS. We refused to do it! The porthole was worth the $200. We couldn't get a price drop because all portholes were sold. We tried, but they said no; we'd have to upgrade. But then the deluxe OV rooms dropped to only $20 more, so we took that. $20 to move up to an OV, YES! $20 to get a major downgrade (in reality) to a regular inside, NEVER!

Getting off & back on the ships in port is so simple & convenient when you're in a porthole room (or any forward room on decks 1 & 2). That makes everything so worth it. You also don't need to mess with the crazy busy elevators when going to the dining room or after shows. And to avoid elevators during debarkation = totally awesome!!! Those conveniences are the best!

Edited by k2excursion

Had a Porthole cabin on the Paradise earlier this year & liked it. Had plenty of space & was able to look out when I wanted to. I would not get the last cabin forward since the cabin stewards kept the cleaning stuff in the area in front of my cabin which cause noise from them going in & out so they could work. Did not bother me any, just wanted to let you know about that. I had M2 if I remember right.

But yes, I would book another Porthole in the future even though usually get balconies for longer voyages.

With a porthole you have the following advantages: You can tell how rough the seas are. You know the weather and if it is raining or not. You know if it is night or day. You can watch the sun sets. You can see the stars and the moon. You can view the passing ships and islands. You can see what is going on during the port visits. You have some light in the cabin so you don't have to do the card thing to immediately get the lights on. You can look for flying fish (always fun). Last, but not least, you can watch the late arrivals running like crazy to not miss the ship. (Almost as good as watching the flying fish) If you get a window cabin, the base is a large shelf to store things.

With an inside, the advantage is that it is always dark so it is easy to sleep and light does not wake you. But on second thought, I certainly do not go on a cruise to sleep.

As for being on a higher deck, not really that much of an advantage. You see further and some times you are in a better position to go to a particular location. That's about it.

Go for the Porthole, a window or better yet, a balcony.