Spa Balcony?

LindseyButlerWilson

The balconies on the Spa Deck on Freedom are just like the rest of the standard balconies anywhere else on the ship.

Except there is no cover over the balcony, so no protection from the sun/rain. Also no privacy at all from above.

We were on Freedom last October, spa deck 1115. We loved it! Very few cabins on this deck, so very quiet. No one running down hallway. We liked not having the roof on the deck. Would sit outside at night, lean back in the chair and look up at stars. We are going on Conquest next, staying spa deck again.

We had one on a sister ship. We booked it as an oceanview, but it got converted to a balcony before we sailed, so we got to keep the balcony at an oceanview price. That made it well worth it. But I wouldn't pay more for a balcony on that deck as opposed to a lower one. I prefer being closer to the water, especially with a balcony. Deck 7 would be my prime choice, with deck 9 being my next choice. The spa deck balconies have no spa privileges, except that you have a short walk to use the gym's free showers. The stalls are larger than the one in your room. My dad & I preferred using those.

But for a balcony price, I would want a full covering overhead & to not have people being able to look down on me. The spa deck balconies don't give you that. If you are on deck 9, remember that you are closer to the food & pools than the people in the spa deck rooms. If you are on deck 7, you're just as close to those things as the people in spa deck rooms. Higher is not necessarily better. That's what the cruiselines will try to say, but it's not true.

The spa deck balconies have no spa privileges, except that you have a short walk to use the gym's free showers.

Just to clarify:

If you book a Cloud 9 Spa balcony you DO get spa privileges. But not all balconies on the Spa Deck are Cloud 9 balconies.

And if you get upgraded from a balcony to a Spa Balcony you won't get privileges. You must specifically book a Cloud 9 to get privileges.

Just to clarify:

If you book a Cloud 9 Spa balcony you DO get spa privileges. But not all balconies on the Spa Deck are Cloud 9 balconies.

And if you get upgraded from a balcony to a Spa Balcony you won't get privileges. You must specifically book a Cloud 9 to get privileges.

The OP is looking at the Freedom, which does not have a Cloud 9 Spa, so no Cloud 9 Spa rooms & there are no special privileges for spa deck rooms on this ship. That is only on Splendor, Dream, Breeze, Magic, & Sunshine.