Room Service Dishes

cpa2be

We order room service one or twice during a cruise and have always left the dishes in our cabin. I assumed it was my cabin steward's responsibility to take care of these.

However, I also see many trays and dishes left outside in the hallways. Not sure who picks these up.

So my question is, what is the correct place to leave them?

We always call room service or just leave them in our stateroom.

I have always left them in the room, but I try to "organize" the dishes to make it easier for the cabin steward to remove them (empty any liquids, put all paper trash in one area, etc).

This is what we have always done. We condense the dishes as much as possible.

It does seem like quite a hazard to leave them in the hallway. There are enough carts, etc already in the hallway.

Depending on the time of day, it's a game of FROGGER to get down the hallway.:)

Those of us with Mobility Problems have a hard time dogging the obstacle course.:mad:

I agree that they should be left in the cabin. I usually just do breakfast for room service. A couple of cruises ago, I asked the room service guy and our room steward and they both said to put it outside the door and call room service. I did it one morning and after coming back from the pool later in the morning, it was still there. Coming down the hall was someone in a scooter. I felt embarrassed when I walked up to my door so I asked my room steward if I could just leave it in the room so that it didn't get in anyones way and he said that was fine.

My dad is also legally blind and though he can see a bit, there's no way he would see those trays on the ground. Walking down the hall, I have to guide him away from the trays. I wish RC would change it so that trays were left inside. I get that there's not much room in the cabins and sometimes the smell lingers, but it's better than someone tripping over them. :(

I've found that no matter where you are-hotel or cruise- they tell you to put your tray in the hall and then they take their sweet time retrieving it. I've even had them take all day when staying Club level at the ritz! Sometimes they are on top of it but most of the time trays just sit there forever.

It does seem like better policy on a cruise to leave them in the room, especially on a cruise ship with narrow halls and so many people in wheelchairs and scooters, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You know, I've seen so many people on the ships (and land-based hotels too) just leave their trays in the hall that I had come to assume it was considered the correct thing to do. I bet a lot of people do. But the aesthetics and tripping is a good point and I think next time I'll just leave a tidy stack on the otherwise in-the-way coffee table.

You know, I've seen so many people on the ships (and land-based hotels too) just leave their trays in the hall that I had come to assume it was considered the correct thing to do. I bet a lot of people do. But the aesthetics and tripping is a good point and I think next time I'll just leave a tidy stack on the otherwise in-the-way coffee table.

Thank you. :)

I would have been sooooo tempted to put the dirty dishes RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN DOOR!!!

why not knock on door, or call and leave message, that it is a problem in the

hallway for you to enter room......suggest they call RS and leave dishes in room.

The cat and mouse game during the entire cruise seems to defy common sense!.....and has to have an impact on your enjoyment of the cruise.

I've never understood why people put their trays and dishes on the floor in the hallway where they immediately become tripping hazards (for yourself and others) and eyesores, sometimes for many hours. Why not leave them in your room and let your room steward get them?

You wouldn't throw your garbage out into the hallway, would you?

Because when you call room service they tell you to put them in the hallway and someone will be by to pick them up. It is not the room stewards responsibility to remove the dishes, although some do.I think many people just put them in the hallway and do not call the number listed, and that is why they sit there.