OS/VS vibration, noise? / help please

jnh

We want very much to book a VS or OS on the Medit cruise next Oct.6.We have no experience on Oceania and are anxious about the noise/vibration we could encounter on this small ship( We normally do Celeb, Hal, Princess). We always take the largest suite available midships. So far on this site it seems we should avoid VS on the 6th deck because of noice below. We do not care about the early morning docking noise since we are up early to exercise.

We have not heard any info about the OS experience for vibration and noice except that 8th deck can be noisy due to the dining above so 7th is the one to choose.

Can anyone with real experience please help us get confortable enough to make a choice. It seems like a wonderful ship- but we are nervous. Thx.

We have been in 6002 twice--planning on a third time next January. Yes, the anchor being lowered at the shuttle ports does sound like a California earthquake for a few minutes. Not all ports are shuttle ports however, and if you are up early anyway it shouldn't bother you. Our friends had the Suite

(6003) just above the anchor, and the first experience "shook them up" a bit-

-excuse the pun-but afterward it was no big deal. I should think the 7th deck Vista Suites would experience less of a rumble than our 6th deck Vista Suites.

Not enough of a reason to abandon our Vista Suite. I must admit however, I'm

now curious to try the Owner's Suites--altho we weren't bothered by the sun or the wind on our Panama cruise--and for THAT particular cruise the Vista Suites

are far better-as you can see the whole operation from your veranda.

Jan S

PS. Being Californians, we were always relieved to wake up and realize that we were on a ship, and that it wasn't an earthquake!

Both suites are very nice. Owner's suite is larger and without the noise that the vista suite has with each docking and sail away. However, if you don't mind getting up early... (before 8am is the usual docking time), than the Vista Suite is fine. I would happily stay in either one...and have.

Digby, we decided to take the 7119 after reading the responses on this site. 7114 was already taken- Oceania says the rooms are identical. People try to figure out which will see more land I think.

jnh

Digby, we decided to take the 7119 after reading the responses on this site. 7114 was already taken- Oceania says the rooms are identical. People try to figure out which will see more land I think.

jnh

Or trying to avoid the sun and its aging effects!

This is probably too late since you've already selected your cabin but we stayed in a vista suite on the 7th floor and had absolutely no problems at all. Loved it. No problems with wind on the balcony and no noises. The next trip we stayed in a vista suite on the 6th floor and the nose and vibration during docking was unbearable. You wouldn't think just one floor would make that big of a difference but it did.

Carolyn

Archived