Norwegian NEXT and newer menus?

bangzoom6877

I was reading an article on the NCL website that was dated July 21, 2014. It stated that ncl is revamping their MDR menus in order to expand them and offer classics (chateaubriand and escargots were mentioned) as well as regional specialties, with up to 12 starters and 15 entrees per night. I'm assuming of course this is including their every day items. I don't remember there being 15 entrees or 12 starters available in total on my 2011 Jewel cruise, although there was a good variety at every dinner we had in the MDR (6 out of 7 nights). The article also mentioned one chocoholic night on each sailing, which I already read about. They refer to these changes as Norwegian NEXT.

So, are they bringing things like escargots back to the MDR? I thought that was only available in Le Bistro now. Does anyone have a copy of the menus who has cruised NCL recently? The article said that they were going to be in effect over the summer of 2014 and beyond. We go on the Breakaway in July so I'm curious. Thanks!

I was on the Getaway on 9/6 and do not recall ever seeing escargots and chateaubriand on the MDR menus. I believe there was a scallop dish with an escargot "like" preparation.

I was also on the 9/6 sailing and had escargot in Taste. It was not in the traditional garlic/butter, but perhaps some kind of wine sauce. Quite good, though. I did see the chateaubriand, but opted for something else.

I was also on this sailing, and indeed had Chateaubriand in the Tropicana Room. It was divine!

I was reading an article on the NCL website that was dated July 21, 2014. It stated that ncl is revamping their MDR menus in order to expand them and offer classics (chateaubriand and escargots were mentioned) as well as regional specialties, with up to 12 starters and 15 entrees per night. I'm assuming of course this is including their every day items. I don't remember there being 15 entrees or 12 starters available in total on my 2011 Jewel cruise, although there was a good variety at every dinner we had in the MDR (6 out of 7 nights). The article also mentioned one chocoholic night on each sailing, which I already read about. They refer to these changes as Norwegian NEXT.

So, are they bringing things like escargots back to the MDR? I thought that was only available in Le Bistro now. Does anyone have a copy of the menus who has cruised NCL recently? The article said that they were going to be in effect over the summer of 2014 and beyond. We go on the Breakaway in July so I'm curious. Thanks!

check out this site

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-getaway-menus.html

Think some of the new menu's are here:

http://www.galatitravel.com/NCL_Menus_2014.html

Thanks, I looked at this. Any idea when in 2014 it was posted?

I've already seen these menus, and they're identical to the ones we had on the Jewel in 2011.

I did a search yesterday, as advised by an above poster. I found a few menus for the MDR from a chat back in late August about a month ago. There are so so many choices now! I was only able to look at 5 of them though, as they only shared 5. The menus were slightly different than the ones in the above link for Galati travel which specify that they're for the Savor and Taste dining rooms, but we're going to be dining in the manhattan room. The chocolate volcano was listed on every dessert menu in the MDR menus from the chat last month, but wasn't on the menus from Galati travel. Is this dessert available every night?