San Pedro Staggered Boarding

Pier Pressure 53

Being new to cruising, I have a question concerning staggered boarding out of San Pedro On Princess Cruises.

We received our boarding passes for an upcoming cruise, and on it boarding times for the different decks are listed. We are on the Caribe deck, with our boarding time listed as 12:30.

We will be driving to the Port, and with the LA traffic will be allowing ourselves an additional hour before our boarding time. Can someone who has recently cruised from the San Pedro Port on Princess tell me if they are strictly adhering to the staggered boarding times, meaning if we show up an hour early we will not be able to board until our designated time???

Thank you.

Being new to cruising, I have a question concerning staggered boarding out of San Pedro On Princess Cruises.

We received our boarding passes for an upcoming cruise, and on it boarding times for the different decks are listed. We are on the Caribe deck, with our boarding time listed as 12:30.

We will be driving to the Port, and with the LA traffic will be allowing ourselves an additional hour before our boarding time. Can someone who has recently cruised from the San Pedro Port on Princess tell me if they are strictly adhering to the staggered boarding times, meaning if we show up an hour early we will not be able to board until our designated time???

Thank you.

No, they are not. It is a suggested time to arrive and board, but not enforced

Another vote for "don't worry about it."

Several cruise lines for several years have been trying to regulate who arrives at the port when. In the end, it's not going to matter if everyone who visits Cruise Critic shows up at 11 or noon, when you can actually check in.

Jim