Customer Care????

joyce&bob

I booked my Oct. DIVINA cruise back in February. Received my e-docks and all looked good. Until I noticed we were listed first seating (which we requested) but next to that it said "WAITLISTED".

Let me just say that first seating is important to us.....so I called Customer Care.

I started the conversation by saying how the e-docs arrived and all was good except for the WAITLISTED notation. She never asked my name or for my booking number just stated "if that is what the computer says she can not do anything". I then asked her to explain how we could be WAITLISTED on first seating since we booked way back in February. She again stated if that is what the computer says she can not change it.. I said OK but are you telling me first seating was ALL booked before Feb. her response was, once again "if that is what the computer says I can not change it".

Am I missing something? This is a customer care?? I felt like I was talking to a computer.

I then proceeded to call my TA & was told "that is how MSC works". He said all his paperwork shows first seating.He suggested I see the Matri D when we get on the ship & all should be fine. I'm still worried

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I booked my Oct. DIVINA cruise back in February. Received my e-docks and all looked good. Until I noticed we were listed first seating (which we requested) but next to that it said "WAITLISTED".

Let me just say that first seating is important to us.....so I called Customer Care.

I started the conversation by saying how the e-docs arrived and all was good except for the WAITLISTED notation. She never asked my name or for my booking number just stated "if that is what the computer says she can not do anything". I then asked her to explain how we could be WAITLISTED on first seating since we booked way back in February. She again stated if that is what the computer says she can not change it.. I said OK but are you telling me first seating was ALL booked before Feb. her response was, once again "if that is what the computer says I can not change it".

Am I missing something? This is a customer care?? I felt like I was talking to a computer.

I then proceeded to call my TA & was told "that is how MSC works". He said all his paperwork shows first seating.He suggested I see the Matri D when we get on the ship & all should be fine. I'm still worried

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Joyce,,,our PVC explained the term "Waitlisted" as not having a table or seat number assigned yet for your specified dining time. However,, I have heard others explain it as a Wait List for either early or late dining and once you check in at the terminal, that's when you're ding time will be assigned. So this will be a good question for MSC's Facebook page I think. Either that or hopefully MSC cruises will respond to this thread.

Dinner seatings are not booked with MSC, they just let you express a preference and will accommodate it if they can.

From my experience, it is the ship that does the allocation wry close to the sip sailing, not centrally when you make a preference. Think their T&Cs say they don't guarantee you'll get what you requested.

I often see wait listed on etickets, but I've always been able to get on second sitting which is my preference. This may well be standard and it just means that they have not yet done the table allocation.

Second may be far less popular than first, so that may be why I've always had the sitting i wanted.

Good luck.

Is my experience with Customer Care usual? You both gave reasonable answers to my question. Why didn't the Customer Care person explain how it works?

Joyce,,,I have never called customer care. I use one of 3 different avenues for communication. 1. Call my PVC 2. Private message MSC on Facebook 3. Use MSC's website chat,,,when available,, which is hit or miss sometimes. I sent a lost and found request form to customer care back in May and still haven't received a response from anyone. I've given up on that!!!

Is my experience with Customer Care usual? You both gave reasonable answers to my question. Why didn't the Customer Care person explain how it works?

Probably because they don't know! Not that it's an excuse. In the UK office some have no idea what onboard services and procedures are and some seem to have cruised with them and know how things work.

I find FB messaging the most effective way to get a response but I'm not in the US, I'm dealing with the UK office.

What I will say is the onboard experience is so much better than than the onshore service.

probably because they don't know! Not that it's an excuse. In the uk office some have no idea what onboard services and procedures are and some seem to have cruised with them and know how things work.

I find fb messaging the most effective way to get a response but i'm not in the us, i'm dealing with the uk office.

what i will say is the onboard experience is so much better than than the onshore service.

+1.

Sure hope you are right and the on board service will be better. We are traveling with friends and I convinced them to try MSC. So I feel a bit responsible for this trip to go smoothly.

Maybe The Customer Care title should be altered. I can understand everyone can not know everything about every ship, but a simple "l don't know, but let me check" would seem a reasonable response from someone in the Customer Care Department. Perhaps the department should be called "I don't know and I don't care department ".

OK enough negativity....have to admit I have never been on a cruise where I did not have a good time despite a few glitches. That said, we are truly looking forward to this cruise. And if anyone is on the 10/18 sailing look for us. We will be the 4 people having fun.