Neat things to bring

flaps74

Hi Flaps :)

My 'neat item' to bring along is probably considered a little outside

of the box.

However, its quite simple. A cruise journal.

After our very 1st voyage 31 years ago, my wife & I wrote down everything

we experienced when we got home. From our 2nd voyage on, until the present,

we have kept cruise journals.

Prior to going to sleep each evening my wife & I discuss the days events and

log them down in a journal.

We have been doing this for over three decades now and have many journals.

The strolls down memory lane are wonderful. In some ways more entertaining

than the photo's or video we have collected over the years.

Even picking out/purchasing the journal prior to the cruise has become

a fun task in itself.

To us, it is another way, an interesting way, to save and also relive the

voyage...

Have a terrific day!

:)

I have kept a travel journal since my first BIG trip which was to Ireland in 1988. It has been on 17 cruises, 45 times to Las Vegas and many other trips. I am on my 3rd journal now.

You could geocache too!

YES....I did geocaching in ports on our Alaska cruise. It seemed so neat to me to do that for some reason!!!!!

I had read on here to bring a hilighter to mark my daily activity newsletter. I found that to be very handy to have my most interested activities highlighted. I could tell real quick at a glance what might be coming up and where I needed to head to for an upcoming event.

A watch -- I don't like to leave my cell phone on to keep track of the time. Someone suggested using airplane mode just so I could be able to see what time it is. I'm so afraid of getting a huge phone bill while on a cruise ship, that I am leery to leave my phone on at all.

I think real carefully about bringing too many suggested doo-dads, trying to only bring what I'm pretty certain I will use for sure. It bugs me to have a bunch of this-and-that cluttering up my cabin. And it all has to be packed up at the end of the cruise. When I did used to bring more odds and ends of things I thought I may use, most of it I didn't use even one time. So, I really limit myself when packing.

I will alway bring some kind of first aid kit with me after my last cruise!!! I tripped up a step at the Mango Deck in Cabo and lost a toe nail!!! But amazingly my new CC Roll Call friends came to my rescue with a FULL first aid kit!!! They even left me a present in my stateroom mail box so I could patch myself up later on!!!

So high priorities for my next cruise in March is to #1 join my Roll Call and #2 get an awesome first aid kit!!!!

Looking for any neat item or items to bring on board. it's the sort of stuff you would forget to bring that could of been useful. I always forget a backpack for example and band aids

Any other things you've found useful?

Thanks.

Earplugs! If your cabin is noisy for any reason they can save your trip from being a disaster.

For me its my cellphone that can double as my alarm clock (its super loud), calendar (has all the important times such as time to get back on the boat), take photos then upload on Google photo plus games to play when bored or something. Can also make phone calls too (except from the Bahamas, that $4 per minute and mom can take like 30 minutes.....)

• 3 months later...

I am another person who journals each day. So I also bring scotch tape and small scissors so I can cut port descriptions from ship newsletter or tour descriptions and tape them into journal. I also tape scenic postcards in there that I buy.

This is an ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT idea!! I journal, but have NEVER thought of this idea!! thank you SO MUCH!!