Allergies: Mongolian Wok & Coffee creamer questions

willow0325

Hello fellow cruisers! Anyone happen to know if they use MSG in the Mongolian Wok? And, anyone happen to know if they have non-dairy coffee creamer (i.e., liquid coffee mate)? I can't have MSG and one of our travel companions is lactose intolerant and uses non-dairy coffee creamer -- liquid, not powder.

Thanks so much and happy cruising!

I don't know about the MSG, but I don't remember ever seeing coffee mate. We cruised with a friend who couldn't have MSG and our waiter swore up and down no MSG in sauces and soups on the ship, but she was so paranoid about the possibility she stayed away from them anyway.

Need to ask the Lido Chef about the MSG. Just know that the woks are swished clean between bowls and the lids aren't cleaned til the wok closes.

Never seen non-dairy creamer on Carnival. She'll need to bring her own single servings.

IIRC soy milk is available.

We sail with a group that, combined, has allergies to egg whites, peanuts, treenuts, chocolate, dairy and MSG.

Never heard the MSG friend ask about this in any of the MDRs or buffet and she's never had a problem. I've never seen her eat at the wok.

Edited by SadieN