Owners Suite on Mariner - some questions

Cruzden

We are taking our first RCCL cruise this fall and will be staying in an Owner's Suite :D. If anyone has stayed in one, I am very interested to hear about your experience and any helpful tips you may have.

Questions:

Is there a DVD as well as a VCR player in the Mariner's Owners Suite? Is there a CD player as well?

Also, the website says that the OS CAN accommodate a rollaway bed.... but when I asked about it when booking the cruise, the RCI rep said the OS cannot accommodate one.... ?

Does anyone know which is correct :confused: ?

Thanks!

I don't know about the DVD/VCR/CD players, but regarding the roll away, it may be that the OS you have is only listed as for 2 pax. If that's the case, then it doesn't matter if there's room for it. It sounds like there are at least 3 of you booked, so that probably is not the reason. Space wise, no problem. There are a limited number, so get your request on your reservation ASAP. Call again and talk to someone different or ask to speak to a supervisor.

beachchick

There is a DVD player in the OS on Mariner...You can rent (for free) DVD's from the Concierge lounge (deck 9) all week.

You CAN bring a rollaway bed, in the OS....just ask the attendant to bring one in !

The staff really treat OS guests like VIP's...just ask and you will receive....

Radio

;) ;)

I'll be in an Owner's Suite on the 8/28 Mariner, just upgraded yesterday from a GS because of a HUGE price reduction (the fifth one) that made it still $500 less than what I was paying for the GS. :D I'll be happy to report back to answer any questions.

As for the rollaway question, there actually is ONE or maybe two OSs that only accommodate four, and won't take a rollaway. I have seen that through the TA booking site for RCCL...can't remember which stateroom number it is, though. You may be in that OS...if so, you can always try and switch to another room if available. Good luck! :)

Archived