Booking on board

maggie.1008

It's crap shoot, you can call Princess and see how full the ship is. If they are not sold they may have a last minute deal. I booked a 4 day and 7 day in Nov. The 4 day I booked when it was on sale and it's gone up a bit in price. Good luck.

I am booked next week on the Crown for my 3rd Princess cruise. I am thinking about booking a 3 nt cruise in November on the Golden. Does it behoove me to wait and book on board next week or book with my TA now ?

we got an on board deal for a 4 day cruise in February for our cruise we were just on... it was 33% off and only a $3 deposit. They then let us transfer it to our TA who was able to discount it another $100..just wait till you are on board and see the FCC first thing... we went right after muster and there was no wait

We also like the future cruise credits. There would be no advantage for your 3 day in November because you will have to pay the full fare when booking. But like Nancyquilts says, you can book a future cruise with only the $100 FCC as a deposit, and you get a portion back in onboard credit--anywhere from $15 on an inside or OV cabin on a 3-6 day up to $150 for a balcony or suite on a 17+day. Book a balcony for 7 days and get 50% or your deposit back in OBC.

I would have to pay in full as the next cruise is 5 weeks away. It is only a 3 day in a Balcony. Would I receive any OBC ? Are the Caribe deck balconies the largest ? Are the Crown and the Golden the same size ? I know I can look this up. Sorry. Have 42 cruises but fairly new to Princess. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for asking these questions, Heather. We are on the same cruise as you next week and generally cruise the line you do. Took a 4 day cruise last fall on the Golden Princess. We liked the ship. It is very traditional in decor and smaller than the Crown Princess, about 2500 passenger capacity compared to 3000. We prefer the smaller ship. Crown Princess is newer. Hopefully those who know these ships will comment.

Looking at a 7 night Mexico trip on the Crown Princess, Nov. 29th - good price right now. Going to wait to see how we like the ship before booking.

Hope to see you and your Dad on board. Not long now!

Ellen