Courtney Taylor - Combo Tours

nautica34

Has anyone done the Courtney Taylor combo tour that includes Blue Hole, beach & lunch? Considering the tour since he can place me with others to keep the cost down. The tour would be 6 hours which seems long. Would Blue Hole be worth visiting if I'm not adventurous (no desire to rope swing and don't swim). Any informaiton/experiences would be appreciated.

Has anyone done the Courtney Taylor combo tour that includes Blue Hole, beach & lunch? Considering the tour since he can place me with others to keep the cost down. The tour would be 6 hours which seems long. Would Blue Hole be worth visiting if I'm not adventurous (no desire to rope swing and don't swim). Any informaiton/experiences would be appreciated.

We are doing the same tour with Courtney on our upcoming cruise. I've read a lot of great things about his company.

I don't plan on jumping or swinging to get into the water, but my hubby and daughter are. Watching the YouTube videos of this place seems truly magical, even if you aren't adventurous, imo, I am sure it will be a beautiful experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am looking to do the same thing-only tubing instead of the beach, and look forward to hearing what everyone thinks! I was going to go with Phil Lafayette since I have toured with him before but it was significantly more expensive per person :( The pictures and videos look lovely, I am just worried that my mom (70) might have a hard time walking. She is far more adventurous then I am though!

I am looking to do the same thing-only tubing instead of the beach, and look forward to hearing what everyone thinks! I was going to go with Phil Lafayette since I have toured with him before but it was significantly more expensive per person :( The pictures and videos look lovely, I am just worried that my mom (70) might have a hard time walking. She is far more adventurous then I am though!

You can book a private your and custom it to fit your needs, if you don't want private you can get others to join you tour to cut cost..:)

We just did the tour you describe a couple weeks ago.

The Blue Hole is a neat place to visit. Most people didn't dive or swing while there. Several climbed down into the water. Others climbed up the waterfall with the help of the guides. Many, like me, were cowardly and stayed on the steps LOL. I preferred to stay out of the water and shoot pictures, but the guides offered to carry my equipment up the waterfall if I wanted them to. You can be as adventurous as you'd like there.

On our tour, two couples wanted to go tubing and we wanted the beach. Courtney dropped them off for tubing, then took us to Mammee Bay beach, then went back to pick the others up and returned for us. He was great - very flexible, and didn't charge extra for this.

After that we went to Scotchies for lunch.

It was a great tour!

We just did the tour you describe a couple weeks ago.

The Blue Hole is a neat place to visit. Most people didn't dive or swing while there. Several climbed down into the water. Others climbed up the waterfall with the help of the guides. Many, like me, were cowardly and stayed on the steps LOL. I preferred to stay out of the water and shoot pictures, but the guides offered to carry my equipment up the waterfall if I wanted them to. You can be as adventurous as you'd like there.

On our tour, two couples wanted to go tubing and we wanted the beach. Courtney dropped them off for tubing, then took us to Mammee Bay beach, then went back to pick the others up and returned for us. He was great - very flexible, and didn't charge extra for this.

After that we went to Scotchies for lunch.

It was a great tour!

Glad you enjoyed the tour. Thanks for sharing your experienc Did you have time to look around the cruise port area after the tour? Were you given a choice at Scotchies of what to order? I don't eat chicken, pork or anything with jerk seasoning.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

Glad you enjoyed the tour. Thanks for sharing your experienc Did you have time to look around the cruise port area after the tour? Were you given a choice at Scotchies of what to order? I don't eat chicken, pork or anything with jerk seasoning.

We drove to Ocho Rios, did the Blue Hole / beach / lunch and drove back, and had about 60-75 minutes left. That was with porting in Falmouth - if you port in Ocho Rios, you'll have more time.

The choice of where to eat was made by the group of three couples. Scotchies did have sausage but I don't know if it has jerk seasoning. If you book a private tour you can pick every detail of the day. If you go in a small group it's a matter of consensus with the other folks.

One thing - my wife was positive I would hate jerk chicken. The food at Scothies was completely different than what she expected, and Courtney confirmed that their food truly was a Jamaican's idea of jerk chicken. All that's to say that jerk chicken in America may be completely different than what they serve.

Thanks again. We do port in Falmouth. Glad they'll be time after to do a bit of souvenir shopping. I'm a picky eater in general, never liked chicken regardless if preparation. Did look into the private tour but not worth it for 1 or 2 people.

• 2 years later...
Can't find anything online about their pricing. I assume it will be cheaper than the cruise excursions but can anyone give me an idea of what the excursions cost ?

We have a group of 6 and I was quoted $30 per person for transportation. We chose to go to Blue Hole so that is an extra $15 for entrance. So $45 per person for the day. Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...