Single Supplement Deals - Schedule?

Hello.

I'm looking to take a cruise next year on RCCL, either Bermuda or Northern Europe (yes, two very different places). I will likely be traveling solo. I read on these boards how some people are able to get 10% or 50% single supplement charges vs the usual 200%. What's the magic spell or schedule to take advantage of a lesser single supplement? I'm a Diamond, if that helps at all.

New to CC. It's amazing what you can learn on here! Thanks in advance!

The best development this past year has been the fact that RCI sometimes honors the BOGOHO sales for solo travelers. This results in 150% fares on occasion.

Otherwise discounted single supplements have been rare since RCI changed policy last October and started awarding a bonus C&A point for solos not in SI or SB cabins.

OBC offers on WOW sales are usually per stateroom and therefore a good benefit, but these are not combinable with other C&A offers that are now prorated OBC and discount usually if you do get a single supplement less than 200%.

While sometimes GTY cabin offers are not extended online to solo travelers and result in more than 200%, I have learned that just booking the double and then calling C&A results in the refund of second passenger port taxes and fees and results in 200% at these sometimes very special fares.

Even the Going Going Gone sales have not usually had too many offers below 200% for solos since last October, but sometimes appear after final payment date with 150% or 175% on very limited sailings. Freedom out of PC has been the most common sailing with 150%.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

When the first of those deals came out in May I quickly jumped on 2 cruises that would normally have been way out of my budget - an Alaska cruise tour and a 14 day repo from Quebec. Not only did I pay only 150%, but the per person rates at that time were really low. Since May, even with the 150% on the BOGOHO sale, the per person rates have almost tripled, so you can imagine how much they would be now. My cruise tour would now cost me almost $2000 more than when I booked, even with the so called sale.

I am currently looking at some options under the current sale, but it seems RCI realized they could "trick" new cruisers into assuming the sale was a great deal and they upped the per person rate just prior to the sale, resulting in the same price or more for solos.

Bottom line is you have to be on the web site often, look at 3rd party alerts, and be ready to jump on a sale.

Hello.

I'm looking to take a cruise next year on RCCL, either Bermuda or Northern Europe (yes, two very different places). I will likely be traveling solo. I read on these boards how some people are able to get 10% or 50% single supplement charges vs the usual 200%. What's the magic spell or schedule to take advantage of a lesser single supplement? I'm a Diamond, if that helps at all.

New to CC. It's amazing what you can learn on here! Thanks in advance!

Having Diamond C&A status does not reduce the single supplement. You have to continuously search RCCL's website and check pricing. Also you need to be flexible in your dates as well as ship/port of embarkation and ready to book when you see something that works. The newer the ship the less likely to get any reductions in the single supplements. Cruising out New Orleans, Galveston and or Baltimore in non peak times is when I have found the best rates on single supplements.

Edited by xxoocruiser

There is a solo cruising section on this website where people will post when they find good bargains for solo travelers. I find the best way to get a bargain on a cruise is not so much to decide where and when you want to cruise, but to look around for good buys and jump on it if it is something that fits in with your schedule and desires. Good luck.