Cheers Package + taxes

Qchell

Just short and sweet. With the prices of Cheers dropping, the price of Cheers for 7 days actually is worth it for DH and I. I have seen comments about taxes and just need some simple clarification please.

If you purchase as soon as you get on board you are charged taxes, correct?

If you purchase in International waters (day 1), you are not, correct?

Will all drinks purchased prior to purchase of Cheers (day 1) be automatically included?

Thanks!

Just short and sweet. With the prices of Cheers dropping, the price of Cheers for 7 days actually is worth it for DH and I. I have seen comments about taxes and just need some simple clarification please.

Will all drinks purchased prior to purchase of Cheers (day 1) be automatically included?

Thanks!

From my understanding you are not charged tax for cheers. You while in port be charged tax on the drinks you get. So you buy cheers and get a drink. Cheers covers the drink but there will be a small charge probaly around .50 for the tax on the drink.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding of it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

my understand you will be charged taxes on the drinks consumed when you board and before you enter international water

you buy 2nd day you are charged for the drinks seperately for the drinks on first day so you will have two charged the packages and the drinks from first day.

international water no taxes

Thanks!

when you buy the cheers package you are not charged tax no matter when you purchase it. only pay tax per drink when you buy a drink in us port either with cheers or just on sail and sign card. i have purchased the cheers package twice once in baltimore and once in new york. both times you couldn't buy the package until you were a certain distance from the home port. in new york you couldn't buy it until after 6pm i'm not sure about baltimore because i bought it on the second day. the time when it is available should be in the fun times when you come on board. i believe you can start buying drinks right away on the first day and then when you purchase the cheers program the charges for the drinks you already bought are $0 out and then are put into your cheers account and count towards your 15 drinks you buy in a day. but i'm not 100% sure about this hopefully someone can answer that part with personal experience. i didn't purchase any drinks out of new york until after they opened up the cheers package. and in baltimore i bought it the second day early in the morning.

We purchased it in July on the Freedom out of FLL. We tried to buy it as soon as we got on the ship but they said their computers had to reset and to give it about two hours (we were one of the first on the ship around 11:30). About 90 min in the computers were done and we got the cheers package. No tax.

However the drinks while sitting in port did have small taxes on them. The drink charges were zero'd out (before and after buying the cheers program) and the taxes were billed to us on our Sign and Sail account.

From my understanding you are not charged tax for cheers. You while in port be charged tax on the drinks you get. So you buy cheers and get a drink. Cheers covers the drink but there will be a small charge probaly around .50 for the tax on the drink.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding of it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes. You are exactly right. I was on the Breeze one week ago and I got the cheers package on day 1. No taxes charged on the program. But while still close to Miami, each drink I had cost me around .40 in taxes.

just short and sweet. With the prices of cheers dropping, the price of cheers for 7 days actually is worth it for dh and i. I have seen comments about taxes and just need some simple clarification please.

you are only taxed on individual drinks. Not on entire package.

if you purchase in international waters (day 1), you are not, correct?

no tax at all if you wait until you reach international waters, however it is .50-.80 cents in tax for each drink so why wait,

will all drinks purchased prior to purchase of cheers (day 1) be automatically included? Only if you purchase prior to 6pm the day of sailing.

this will differ slightly with ny as you cannot purchase until after 6pm (all previous drinks are rolled in) and texas sailings where you cannot purchase until day 2 and drinks purchased day 1 are not rolled into the program. Other ports will not be rolled in if purchased on day 2.

:) :) :)