Coral Emerald deck aft balcony cabins

cwtravel

Hello-

The wife & I have 16 Princess cruises, all on Grand Class type ships. We usually grab a Caribe deck cabin with the larger balcony.

I am looking at a sailing on the Coral. Are the balconies larger in the aft Emerald deck cabins?

Any regular balcony recommendations?

Also, if we went up to a mini, any recommendations for a cabin with a covered balcony? This will be for a partial P. Canal cruise in February.

Thanks,

Chris

We have been booking Mini Suites for all of our previous Princess cruises. First got a Mini on Dolphin Deck with exposed balcony. Ever since, we have booked a aft Mini on Emerald Deck. Theses all have a covered balcony. Much nicer!

Aft Emerald Deck Mini-suite is the way to go.. You can get as much sun as you like, shade when you want it and you are covered in case of rain.. We've cruised the canal a few times and it seems we have always had a combination of sun and rain showers.. Have a wonderful trip on the Coral Princess.. She is one of our favorite ships..Great crew!!!!!!!

Aft Emerald Deck Mini-suite is the way to go.. You can get as much sun as you like, shade when you want it and you are covered in case of rain.. We've cruised the canal a few times and it seems we have always had a combination of sun and rain showers.. Have a wonderful trip on the Coral Princess.. She is one of our favorite ships..Great crew!!!!!!!

Are there aft Emerald Deck mini-suites on the Coral? I thought there were only balconies.

I, too, would like to see responses to the OP's question. We have an aft fully covered balcony on the Emerald deck booked for Alasks 2015 - but I am having a little bit of buyer's remorse. I have seen some posts about the viewing deck door slamming (we are in the last cabin aft) and terrible vibration and noise. Would we be better off in an aft mini on the Caribe or Dolphin deck? Is it worth the extra $$$?

Sorry if my original post was confusing...

- Are the regular balcony cabins on the Emerald Deck on the Coral Princess larger than the standard balconies? Are they similar to the Caribe Deck balconies on the Grand Class ships?

- I have also had the mini's on the Emerald Deck on Grand Class ships so, if I decided on a mini on the Coral which ones have covered balconies?

Thanks so much for the responses.