Carnival Triumph-what to expect?

caseybs

Been on the Triumph before the disaster and after.

Nothing too "disturbing" I can tell you from personal experience.

Noticed a smell in the hallways of the lower floors 3-4 I think. Smelled old like it needed fresh air.

Getting back on in March.

Enjoy! :D

I am going on Carnival cruise to Progresso and Cozumel between Christmas and NY's. I HAVE HEARD SOME DISTURBING STORIES ABOUT THIS SHIP. tell:) ME WHAT TO EXPECT!

What disturbing stories did you hear?

We have been on the Triumph twice since the last dry dock and no problems.

Triumph is an excellent ship! It is still my 2nd favorite ship of all. I like that it's older than half the Carnival fleet. Don't let 1 bad sailing out of countless hundreds bother you. People who were on that sailing handled it much better than those of us sitting on our sofas watching the stories about it on the news. I've had 2 great sailings on Triumph.

I really don't like a lot of what 2.0 has been doing to ships, but fortunately, Triumph was able to avert most of the bad things that come with 2.0, while still getting some of the additions. The ship still has some great production shows in the theater. I think you'll have a great time.

I love posts that say "I'm Disturbed" or "I've Heard" with no link to a thread or source.

Now, if you really booked the cruise and on your second post want feedback for your vacation dollar then you will have a great time.

Go review the shore excursion options, consider Nachi Cocom Beach Club for a beach stop in Cozumel and enjoy a vacation on a ship that entered service in 1999.

I've been on the Triumph lots of times, three this year and one more booked. Every cruise has been very nice. Some things I like, some I don't, but it's a cost effective vacation 37 miles from my driveway.

Here are some images from past cruises:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeusry/sets/72157640495499896/

I didn't upload any from June.

Edited by BallFour4

We sailed on the Triumph back in February of this year and LOVED it. I could not say enough good things about this ship. Sure, there are the horror stories of what happened the year before, but honestly I didn't let that even begin to affect my vacation.

We had booked an inside cabin but were upgraded for free to an oceanview...we LOVED getting to have a view and some natural light.

Our cruise director was Jen Baxter although I'm not sure if she is still on the ship.

The Triumph has all the 2.0 upgrades so you can enjoy an awesome Guy's Burger and a margarita from the rum bar up on the Lido.

We really really enjoyed our trip on this ship so much and I can't even begin to express the incredible level of service we received. Everyone was great and took wonderful care of us.

You will enjoy your trip if you try not to worry about the past horror stories of the Triumph...ours wasn't a horror story at all, more like a fairytale (:

Enjoy your cruise and have FUN!

Our cruise director was Jen Baxter although I'm not sure if she is still on the ship.

She is on the Freedom now.

The show band on the Triumph is excellent as were the production shows.

We were on the Triumph the summer before her issues and again about 5 cruises after she came back into service. She's a great ship and I didn't notice any real issues on either cruise. Both times I did get a whiff of the sewer smell briefly but I also got it on the Elation last year. I think it's just a fact of cruise life.

I hope to be on Triumph again next year actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app