can i see rooms available in my category

bnorris10

It's a little hard to find, but there is a way. Go to the website. Make sure you are NOT logged in as yourself. Choose your cruise, and act like you are booking a stateroom in your category. You should then see a screen that says "Customize Your Cruise." About halfway down in the Stateroom box, you'll see the word 'change'. Click it. On the next screen, look for the word 'selesct' under Stateroom Number. Click it. The next screen will show a selection (up to 8 or 10, I think?) room numbers that are available in your category.

Unfortunately, there is no way on the DCL website to see more than a few available stateroom numbers at a time - there is not a " show me all" option.

Edited by Hidden Minnie

So when I do that this is what it says

Sorry, there are no Category 07A staterooms available for selection at this time. You may either change the stateroom category or accept a guarantee (GTY) stateroom. Selecting "Choose Guaranty" guarantees the ship, sailing date and rate. A Category 07A stateroom will be assigned by the time documents are received. Selecting "Choose Guaranty" does not guarantee the stateroom will be on a particular deck or, for multiple staterooms, that the staterooms will be located near each other.

I have a GTY room for 07A so does that mean I will be bumped up since there are no rooms available?

So why are they continuing to sell it if its full

Disney knows that a certain number of guests will cancel before the penalty date. Selling GTY allows them to keep that price point open and keeps those who book GTY hopeful that they will see an upgrade. While they will oversell certain categories, they don't oversell the ship.

Look at it this way - Disney is allowing you to purchase a stateroom at a level you like, with the chance to get a better one at no extra cost. If you are flexible about your room location, it can be a great deal.

Disney knows that people looking for last-minute VGT, OGT AND IGT staterooms will want the cheapest rooms. They can take the regular GTY folks who paid full price when they booked, bump them up a bit, and open inventory on the lower-price sale rooms. That way the last-minute discounts are on the lower-priced categories, and you get a free upgrade. Win-win.