Just off Liberty

tidygirl

Just off the Liberty (Sunday) on a Western Mediterranean cruise.Any questions or tips that do not include the Main Dining room or alcohol as we did not use I'd be happy to try to answer. It was 3 days of DIY ports in Rome, Marseille and Laspezia and booked tours on our own for Villefranche and Naples.

Hey tidygirl, I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

I was on Liberty this time last year and will be again this Sunday, :):). I've most of my plans in place for the majority of the ports, but Marseille is causing me some problems as to the logistics of how to get into the main town and what to do when we get there. Would you mind sharing your experience of this port in particular.

Many thanks in advance.

After researching I found you could walk to town (they said it was 2 miles). We were docked at the farthest point on the pier. We started out planning on walking but maybe a mile out we saw a sign for a free shuttle that runs Sat. Sun. and Monday so we jumped on that! (I'm glad we did as it was quite a ways out of the port and I'm not sure where the green line disappeared to!) The shuttle will drop you off real close to the Jolliette train station. We went to the Calanques Sugriton (it took close to an hour or so with public transportation) and hiked it was worth the trip and was beautiful! My family could have spent a lot more time there if we could have. Not sure if you are interested in that or just getting to town. If you decide you want more detailed information to get there I have some of that. If you can pull up a port map you could see how close the town was to the train station. Not sure if this will help at all, but I hope so.