Star Specialty Restaurant - Which one?

funcky

Le Bistro on the Star gets our vote! We were on the Star for 24 nights last October and LeBistro was fabulous! :)

Never tried Le Bistro's mushroom soup as mushrooms are not my favorite food (to say the least).

Edited by lambs2

Le Bistro. Last year we got the 3 dinner package, Cagneys, LeBistro and La Cusina, then we also ate at Ginza. All were very good. Le Bistro would be my choice because it is the type food I would least likely have access to at home. Steakhouses we have, steak we can buy and cook. Italian is readily accessible and again easy to cook. We even can get and/or cook good Asian food. LeBistro type food, on the other hand is complicated to cook and we have no restaurants in the area anywhere near the quality of Le Bistro. I get lost in the Apps. choices, the mushroom soup is fine but so is the foie, escargot, mussel, scallops... etc. Whichever restaurant you choose you will enjoy. Disclosure---my husband is a retired chef and we have many friends and family working in the food industry so we have our own set of biases.

Le Bistro. Last year we got the 3 dinner package, Cagneys, LeBistro and La Cusina, then we also ate at Ginza. All were very good. Le Bistro would be my choice because it is the type food I would least likely have access to at home. Steakhouses we have, steak we can buy and cook. Italian is readily accessible and again easy to cook. We even can get and/or cook good Asian food. LeBistro type food, on the other hand is complicated to cook and we have no restaurants in the area anywhere near the quality of Le Bistro. I get lost in the Apps. choices, the mushroom soup is fine but so is the foie, escargot, mussel, scallops... etc. Whichever restaurant you choose you will enjoy. Disclosure---my husband is a retired chef and we have many friends and family working in the food industry so we have our own set of biases.

I also like LeBistro and usually eat there twice on each cruise along with Cagney's (my favorite!)

The one thing I miss about Le Bistro is their cheesy "au grautin" onion soup which they no longer have. They do have onion soup, but it is a far cry from the old cheesy onion soup that they used to have and serve in French restaurants here in NY.

That being said, the mushroom soup is very good and the escargot is fantastic.....great to dip the French bread in, but soooo many calories!! :D

Don