Boarding cards

Ah! I had forgotten the EHIC cards - just checked - 2017 - phew!

Just had to change the bed too as we still had summer quilt on and it was chilly last night, so obviously needed to change the quilt cover, sheets and pillowcases too. More washing (and more when you get back)

BTW, we have never notified our bank, do you need to?

We usually notify our vet in case of emergencies ( to give my son power of attorney :D)

Time for lunch :rolleyes:

We had fraud ring us for credit card use while abroad, so always check cards with provider now just in case.

Credit card infernal machine tells us we don't need to notify going abroad, but Halifax advised it and took details. We say we don't expect to use any of them apart from the Thomson On Board account when we check in, but it is to prevent any problems if we find we do need to use something in an emergency.

Ah! I had forgotten the EHIC cards - just checked - 2017 - phew!

Just had to change the bed too as we still had summer quilt on and it was chilly last night, so obviously needed to change the quilt cover, sheets and pillowcases too. More washing (and more when you get back)

We usually notify our vet in case of emergencies ( to give my son power of attorney :D)

Time for lunch :rolleyes:

Only for using cards out of the country Linda.

We notify them if we might be using Debit or Credit Cards abroad - mainly the Clarity Card (because it doesn't incur charges and saves us getting lots of diffeent currencies on itineraries where you would need quite a few different currencies). We use it quite a lot even in cafes, for trains, souvenirs, entrance fees etc. I think sometimes if the computer detects 'unusual use' ie. the card being used in unusual places (for you) also in a number of different places (as on a cruise) it might put a 'stop' on it.

We usually ring up and they just make a note of where it may be used over what period. I often wonder if it's really necessary but they always thank me for letting them know - I don't suppose they'd want all those calls unless they felt it had some purpose. And I wouldn't want them to refuse to sanction a transaction because we probably wouldn't have another way of paying - except by offering to wash the pots! :D

The first time I phoned our bank to tell them we would be abroad they said "Thank you, we will put a note on your account but it won't make much difference as the computer can't read it!" :eek: That was a couple of years ago.

This year I tried to do it online and the system would not accept cruise type itineraries, eg arriving and leaving a port on the same day or being at sea for a day and therefore not in any country! I gave up!:(

The only time I had trouble with a card abroad was when I had told the card company I was travelling (fortunately I had another card). So since then I've never told them, and not had any problems.