HMC horseback riding

Honeyroastedmelnut

Has anyone done the horseback riding excursion at Half Moon Cay? Did you like it? I rode horses when I was a teenager and the idea of riding a horse in the ocean sounds fabulous.

Did they have you change for the in the water portion? What about footwear. I typically ride in either sneakers or riding boots. Obviously the boots wouldn't be a good choice but not too thrilled about getting my sneakers soaking wet either.

For the water part, are water socks allowed. They wouldn't offer any protection if the horse stepped on my foot when dismounted but it seems better than bringing an extra pair of sneakers.

I did this excursion 2 years ago. It was my first time riding a horse, so I didn't know what to expect but I really enjoyed it. After you ride the horses on the land, they will allow you time to change clothes and put your stuff in a locker. They take individual pictures on a horse before taking the horses in the ocean. I wore water shoes for that portion. The ocean ride doesn't last very long, but it was totally worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't remember the exact cost but I think they were around $8 each. It is a Carnival photographer that takes the pictures so you view and purchase them on the ship if you choose to just like the other pictures they take throughout the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1412440270.657382.jpg.7a903b03b863c1c7294e783d4a08a2ff.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1412440297.215855.jpg.8688abf9a2d132b45114d2cb89ca0987.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1412440493.273071.jpg.cc1883d6658b5bec973bd1c675eff5e1.jpg