Golden coastal three day....embarkation time...??

Bestvaca

We are on the Golden in two weeks out of San Pedro....just received a "emergency notification" from Princess about arrival times. It says not to arrive before 12:30pm and that time is just for "priority boarding" I assume is elite guests and suites. It tells us to arrive at 2pm based on our cabin deck of Aloha.....do we need to adhere to this rule....?? I am working a half day that morning (work is 15minutes from dock) and would like to arrive at noon or so...when we did that last March on the Sapphire, we had to wait about 1.5 hours to board. Is this email message just a routine thing....?? I did hear the ship is sold out....thanks for your help.

We are on the Golden in two weeks out of San Pedro....just received a "emergency notification" from Princess about arrival times. It says not to arrive before 12:30pm and that time is just for "priority boarding" I assume is elite guests and suites. It tells us to arrive at 2pm based on our cabin deck of Aloha.....do we need to adhere to this rule....?? I am working a half day that morning (work is 15minutes from dock) and would like to arrive at noon or so...when we did that last March on the Sapphire, we had to wait about 1.5 hours to board. Is this email message just a routine thing....?? I did hear the ship is sold out....thanks for your help.

I just got off the Golden two days ago on a 4-nighter. I got this same email. From what others have said, this is just a suggestion to control crowds. I got to the ship about 2PM and had almost no wait (5 minutes, perhaps). Those who got there earlier said there was a long wait. I'm told nobody will make you wait until 2PM to board if you get there early, once any passengers with priority (wedding, BVE, disabled, Elite, suite, Platinum, etc.) board first.

The wait may vary from one cruise to the next depending the passenger mix, but generally many want to get there early, even if it means waiting in line to board. I prefer to arrive later, and have little or no wait. The only downside for me to boarding late is missing embarkation lunch in the MDR. I realize you work close to the ship, so YMMV on this.

Edited by Ryndam2002

We just returned this Thursday from a 4 day on the Golden. We boarded at 11:40 after standing in line for about 5 minutes and the waiting room was cleared of almost everyone.

Did you receive the email with the assigned boarding time? We want to arrive around 11:00 and get our short vacation started. We were sad to get an email stating not to come til 2pm sine we are Baja.

We just returned this Thursday from a 4 day on the Golden. We boarded at 11:40 after standing in line for about 5 minutes and the waiting room was cleared of almost everyone.

We seem to always get this "notification." I really it has to do with controlling incoming traffic into the World Cruise Center parking lot. I have never seen them checking any kind of list of names when you enter the terminal and have never been told at the check-in counter that we were too early. And out of the last three cruises out of San Pedro, we didn't have any wait in line (or maybe one or two parties in front of us) when we've arrived before noon.

"Emergency notification!" So dramatic...:rolleyes: I am sailing on the Golden next week and got my little note about staggered boarding times. I think I'll take my chances getting on just like I always have in the past.

"Emergency notification!" So dramatic...:rolleyes: I am sailing on the Golden next week and got my little note about staggered boarding times. I think I'll take my chances getting on just like I always have in the past.

Let us know how it goes. I'll be sailing the 17th.