Boarding time for marina

DrJW

We are in the PH category..can anyone share the boarding time for this category.....when they allow boarding, does this mean that ones' stateroom prepared for occupancy and luggage will be delivered to stateroomss shortly thereafter?

Also do they serve lunch or other mean in the MDR or Terrace at this time?

Thanks!

J

In most ports, boarding for the suites, including PH, starts at 11 am. That's not a hard a fast rule and you may show up at 11 and have to wait in line before getting into the building. Your boarding documents, when you receive them, will indicate the time you should plan to board.

Lunch is served in Terraces and you will be advised via loudspeaker when your cabin category is ready - not before 1 or 1:30 and perhaps later. The large suites get done first, PH next.

I just got off the Marina and we were in a PH. Our boarding time was 12 noon. We arrived about 12:20 and they told us the PH staterooms would be ready by 1:00. We walked around the ship and headed to our stateroom at 12:45 and it was ready. 1:00 they made a announcement that the PH and the above suites were ready. The Terrace was serving lunch and also Waves Grill. The cruise was fantastic!!!!! We can't wait to do another. Everything was perfection!

Boarding times seem to be an individual thing, which is strange. One's documents tells them when they can board, but it appears many ignore what is on the documents. On our last voyage, it was a bright sunny day, and we had utilized O's transport to the ship which got us there for check in around 11:00 a.m. We were in a concierge level room. We found the ship to be already crowded, the Terrance very busy serving lunch, and all the lounges by the pool taken. Since this was a Baltic cruise and the next cruise was basically a repeat of the former, I'm sure all these people were not b2bers. I don't know how early they started boarding.

On our departure day in Stockholm, quite a crowd of people were lining up as early as 7:30 trying to get on the ship! When we were transported to our hotel, on the extension, at 9:30, people were being checked in and getting ready to board. Perhaps I had never noticed this before, because we normally will leave around 8 a.m., at the latest, but I was amazed at the number of people showing up so far before, what I'm sure was, the boarding time on their documents. It tended to create a circus type atmosphere on the dock. I don't understand O's logic in allowing the circus to occur by seemingly allowing all the early boarders.