Shore Excursion Sold Out

I'm leaving Saturday and one of the excursions that we really want to do is now unavailable online to book. I called Royal last night and was told to check once onboard because they hold a certain amount of spots for those to book onboard. Do I actually have a shot at this or are they probably just sold out of that particular one? Has anyone had a similar situation? Should a I contact my concierge ahead of time? Any opinions or tips would be helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Go to shore excursions after you board.

RUN to shore excursions desk after you board :) The line tends to be long, but if you go as soon as they open or late in the day, the line isn't as long. Try and get there early.

First, I would contact the concierge. Second, I would check with the shore excursions desk as soon as they open. Third, I would plan an alternative activity. You should always be prepared that your excursion may cancel or weather may interfere.

On our last cruise, we wanted to go scuba diving in several ports. Some of them suddenly became unavailable and it didn't make any sense. One of them was unavailable if you brought your own equipment, but available if you used their equipment. Turns out the issue was that they wanted to see our certification card before they would sign us up. Who knows why their system is the way it is. My bet is that you will get to go on your excursion. However, I have heard where they block off a few seats for the concierge. This is just a rumor though. Good luck.

Definitely contact the concierge. They should be able to help or let you know exactly what to do. If you don't receive a reply, then go straight to shore excursions when you get on board and speak to them.

Have a great cruise :)

Edited by jo24

There was an excursion I wanted and it said to check on the ship. When I got on the line was long so I went to the cabin and booked it on the TV.

I'm leaving Saturday and one of the excursions that we really want to do is now unavailable online to book. I called Royal last night and was told to check once onboard because they hold a certain amount of spots for those to book onboard. Do I actually have a shot at this or are they probably just sold out of that particular one? Has anyone had a similar situation? Should a I contact my concierge ahead of time? Any opinions or tips would be helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone know what time the shore excursion desk usually opens?

Go to the Explorations! desk as soon as you board. If it is not open then, there will be a sign there with their operating hours.