Booking on Board OBC Removed?

Janie001

Hello,

I had a $100 OBC for my upcoming cruise for booking while aboard my last cruise. I booked under Early Saver and this week submitted a price protection request which was approved. However when they sent back my confirmation they had removed my original $100.

My understanding was that OBC obtained from booking on board would not be removed in this kind of circumstance. In addition, I noticed in the 'guest notes' section it no longer has a note about Early Saver.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Yes, just an oversite. Had the same thing happen to me on our upcoming cruise. Booked on board the Miracle in June. After calling for a price reduction, she just forgot to add it back in after the submission. Just call them back and it will be added back in. Ask for a new confirmation to be sent and print a copy to take along on your cruise.

Edited by HawkIVette

My Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival told me that it is a aggravating glitch in their system. She said it will be added back in. She also said if you have more that one Price Protection it will deleted each time. Just make sure you get it back before you set sail.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks all...OBC was reinstated. Good thing to know that it might be a reoccuring problem. I will try and put it in the notes next time I claim price protection and see if it can be avoided. Fingers crossed that there is a next time:)