Rainy Weather in Mexico next Week

madre1218

Well I was checking the 10 day forecast for Progreso and Cozumel for my upcoming cruise on October 11th and it looks like it's going to be a chance of heavy rain and thunderstorms both days. Great, not exactly what I was hoping for. I guess my excursion to Nachi is going to be a little wet. I am so bummed. This just stinks. The weather looks like rain possible the whole cruise.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

This will be my 3rd trip in October and the weather is usually Hot and Humid. I've only been rained on once but that was while I was on the ship. Usually the weather is great but Tropical Storm Simon is messing it up. At least it isn't a Hurricane which I am Thankful For!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Don't sweat it...usually it rains/storms for a few minutes every day and then it's back to nice weather, as if nothing ever happened. Unless there is an organized weather system out there heading toward Coz, I wouldn't worry about it.

Last time we were on the Glory, it rained in Costa Maya, Cozumel, Isla Roatan, and Belieze. We always carry our Carnival Blue Ponchos that make us look like blue Penguins, so we just put them on and continue on our way. They also make things like folding umbrellas that are easy to carry as well. Being on a cruise is wonderful and enjoyable whether the sun is shining or it is raining. What would you do if it were raining or snowing on an Alaska Cruise. Do the same thing, but it will be a lot warmer.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

We just got back from a week in Cozumel. I worried as the forecast showed an 80% chance of thunderstorms every day. Over the entire week, it rained very early one morning (before we awoke), and another afternoon a ten minute shower came over. That felt really good since it was very hot while we were there. :eek:

That was it for rain. There were times we were wishing for a shower to cool us off.

September and October can be rainy especially in early October but as you get toward the end of the month it tends to be dryer. Hurricanes will usually go to the Western Caribbean during the later part of October and November. The cruises that I have be on it rained during early October once it poured for 5 days. However during one Halloween cruise there was not a cloud in the sky for 7 days even the crew could not believe it.

Gary

I spent a very relaxing day at NAchi Cocum in the rain. Barside in the pool and hot tub.... while wife got a massage on the beach, under covered area. It was amazing and just right. It usually doesn't rain all day anywhere down there. For us, the sun came out and we dipped in the ocean too. Had a great lunch on their covered deck. Simply amazing... enjoy it and hope for the best and stay positive!

It rained the day we were in Cozumel during the first week of September. I checked the weather forecast and decided to change my excursion based on that. Instead of spending a rainy day at the beach we chose to do Salsa, Salsa, and Margaritas. It was wonderful. It was at a resort on the beach in a covered but open area. We had a lot of fun making salsas and drinking margaritas. Our glasses were never empty! Then we learned to salsa dance. We met several other couples and really enjoyed our day.

That is an extremely common Mexican/Caribbean weather forecast, especially this time of year! This is "rainy" season and it is not uncommon for there to be rain/storms predicted daily. When I went south at this time last year, it called for rain all 4 days, we never saw a drop. Also remember that some areas don't have great weather radars and such available, so the data is usually pretty basic. As hard as it is, you'll just have to wait and see! Try not to let it get you down, the weather very well may be a-okay!

We were at Nachi Cocum one year with friends we met at our roll call, when a torrential downpour happened. They ushered us all into a massage room and passed around bottles of cold water and beer. After the rains slowed, we all went out into the dining area and they brought out appetizers, entrees, etc. Our group had a great time, while others were just sitting at their tables looking angry or bored. After sometime, the rains stopped, the sun came out and we all ended up in the hot tub having a best time. Your good (or bad) time will be what you make it.

Don't let the rains stop you. It's typical Caribbean weather.