Meet and Mingle

I joined cruise critic in March and have just been on my first cruise since joining. I registered for the meet and mingle but didn't receive an invitation, on the website it had said the meeting was in the Pyramid Lounge at 10 am on the first day, I turned up to find a lecture ongoing, I went to guest services and they had no idea what I was talking about and just highlighted all the meet ups in the cruise compass for that day. I found out from the roll call that it was held in one of the dining rooms. Has this happened to anyone else and is there anyway to find out where the m&m is once on board?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Forums mobile app

Yes, it's happened to us before, more than once. I'm not 100% sure who handles the M&M onboard, but it could be the Group Coordinator.

What I've suggested in the past is to have an informal M&M at some lounge on day 1 before muster. This has helped because some people had already received notices of the schedule change and were able to tell others.

The invite should definitely have been in your room if you were signed up. I'm surprised that nobody (ship staff) knew where it was.

On Independence, the location is usually listed as Pyramid Lounge but is frequently changed to the MDR - this happened to us in May but we received the invitation so knew. It's a shame you missed out on it. Ours was run by Activities Manager Tim Connor, so the activities staff would have known where it was during your cruise.

Edited by jo24

The same thing almost happened to us. We were new cruisers. I didn't know when or where the M&M was scheduled to be held but knew there should be an invitation in our stateroom. When there wasn't I asked about it at Guest Services. Nobody had any idea what M&M was or who might be in charge. I ended up seeing someone from our roll call before it happened who gave me the details so we didn't miss it. Others did miss it and they were signed up also.

I joined cruise critic in March and have just been on my first cruise since joining. I registered for the meet and mingle but didn't receive an invitation, on the website it had said the meeting was in the Pyramid Lounge at 10 am on the first day, I turned up to find a lecture ongoing, I went to guest services and they had no idea what I was talking about and just highlighted all the meet ups in the cruise compass for that day. I found out from the roll call that it was held in one of the dining rooms. Has this happened to anyone else and is there anyway to find out where the m&m is once on board?

This has happened to me in the past also on Independence no invitation and the location had changed. On Oasis very recently the Meet and Mingle was listed as being at one time , the invitation was for a different time in Dazzles went along at the time stated on the invitation to find a dance class was in progress , the M & M had to wait until the dance class finished.

This just happened on our 9/21 Freedom cruise. We had over 138 people signed up for it and only a fraction showed up. Most did not get their invitation in their rooms. :mad:

That's good to know that guest services won't be of any help. Unfortunately, I suggested on our roll call that people contact them if they don't get a invitation. :eek: Oops, sorry :o

I know that the event is hosted by the activities staff. Maybe that's who should be contacted if invites aren't received?

Also, that's a very good idea to have an unofficial M&M before the Royal sponsored one. We had one but I didn't mention that the M&M was changed. I never really looked at the invite till closer to the event.

Thank you for the info, we are going on the Adventure in November, does anyone know where it happens on that ship, though saying that we hadn't got enough people going when I last checked

If you don't have a minimum of 25 they will not sponsor a Meet & Mingle.

The venue used is usually determined by the number of guests that are signed up.

More often then not the scheduled M&M you see off the Web Site will be changed to a differant day, time & location, depending on how the person in charge of events sets things up. It is a good idea to use the Community Board near Guest Relations to communicate with your Roll Call members and inform everyone of any planned Activities for your Roll Call

Edited by Desert Cruizers

There have been times we haven't gotten the invitation either and one time when we did, the time and venue was changed and only a handful got the updated invite. With so many people going to GS to find out about it, I really doubt they don't know anything about it. :rolleyes: I really look for them to do away with the M&M at some point and leave it up to us to be in charge.

Gwen :)

Thank you for the info, we are going on the Adventure in November, does anyone know where it happens on that ship, though saying that we hadn't got enough people going when I last checked

Hi,

if there is less than 25 people that did sign up ...... they will not sponsor the party ....... make your own..... use your roll call.

I just checked - you got 18.

Edited by wieslaw

The invite should definitely have been in your room if you were signed up. I'm surprised that nobody (ship staff) knew where it was.

On Independence, the location is usually listed as Pyramid Lounge but is frequently changed to the MDR - this happened to us in May but we received the invitation so knew. It's a shame you missed out on it. Ours was run by Activities Manager Tim Connor, so the activities staff would have known where it was during your cruise.

Hi Jo and Mary!!! Can't wait to see ya soon. Don't know why you left the RC, but no worries. Hope you are feeling well. Sending good thoughts:)