Question for recent Sensation cruisers

Rhondito

I will be sailing on the Sensation next month and I wanted to know about the temperatures INSIDE the ship.

Last year we sailed on the Imagination and it was FREEZING inside. No complaints really, I just need to know if I should pack some long sleeve t's and jeans this year. :)

Thank you!

Rhonda

We leave on the 29th. Ours is a completely chartered cruise (The Rock Boat) and I too am extremely excited!

Since our ship has concerts virtually 20 hrs a day, we spend a lot of time inside :) I don't want to freeze the whole time again!

Rhonda

We sailed on the Sensation the first week of June. We booked a cat. 11 with a balcony and it was HOT! We complained several times to our steward. She tried to get it changed but said it was the glass wall of the balcony with the sun shining in. We learned to keep the curtains closed and that helped a great deal. I am usually cold all the time but I never noticed it being cold inside the public rooms. The dining room was just right and the theater was cool but not uncomfortable. Hope this helps.

It sounds like if it is hot outside the boat will have a hard time regulating the air conditioning and if it is cold outside the boat has a hard time circulating the warm air.I am going in Dec. will probably take an extra blanket and a small fan not sure which one I will use .Better safe than sorry.

We had 2 cabins, our kid's was very cool and comfortable. Our cabin was a little on the warm side. We complained and they worked on it twice. I, too, kept the curtains closed during the day. My husband complained that it was hot but I was comfortable. Now, if we had 3 or 4 to a room and lots of hair dryers and hot showers going, it would have been very uncomfortable, but with the 2 of us and no hair dryers, it was fine. I found the common areas very comfotable. But, I suppose, it's all a matter of preference. Just take a sweater or shawl and you should be fine!

I found it interesting the different perceptions. I was talking to a Cruisecritic board friend who didn't like the food in the dining room. One night, she complained about the duckling entree, had to ask them to bring her something else. I had the same duckling and enjoyed it very much! Same with a salmon entree one day. The lady next to me wouldn't eat it and I thought it was great. To each his own!

Donna

We had a Cat. 12 suite on the Sensation on 7/16 cruise....the stateroom was quite chilly (the way we like it usually anyway). Although, Dh found out that you can adjust the air flow on the actual vent on the ceiling; but you can't adjust the temp. We thought the temps on the ship were quite comfy.

Archived