Great guarantee room

stellatj

We booked a room on the empress deck it's a 4E we talked some friends into going on their 1st cruise they booked a 1A letting carnival pick their room. Today they got their room assigned and they are a few doors down from us.Do you think its because they were linked to us or just luck. Would our pvp have something to do with it. Just excited only 19 more days

are your bookings linked? If so that very well may be the case

a little different situation, but in my guarantee bookings in the past, 3 and 4 cabins those times, not only were all cabins directly adjacent to each other - but they were all higher category balconies - 8c and 8d.

I am certain that they took into account that we booked together (in one case not same day and between PvP and CVS).

Yes they were linked :)

I DO think that's why it is then

its funny I actually read you said linked the first time but wasn't sure if that was the technical 'linked bookings' as far as carnival is concerned

in my opinion and experience, they DO try to keep linked bookings together, they just do not and cannot 'guarantee' it.

tell your friends they owe you some drinks :D

We booked a room on the empress deck it's a 4E we talked some friends into going on their 1st cruise they booked a 1A letting carnival pick their room. Today they got their room assigned and they are a few doors down from us.Do you think its because they were linked to us or just luck. Would our pvp have something to do with it. Just excited only 19 more days

Glad your friend was able to be placed near you. It makes it easier for everyone.

More likely because you had a linked booking. Your PVP has nothing to do with your location, cabin selection, upgrades after you make your initial decision. They can help with deciding your deck and location by telling you what is available, but PVP just handles the actual sale and locking in the purchase.

The Promotions department handles any and all upgrade offers. The higher up the VIFP the better the stateroom you will more likely get when booking a GTY stateroom.

Glad your friend was able to be placed near you. It makes it easier for everyone.

More likely because you had a linked booking. Your PVP has nothing to do with your location, cabin selection, upgrades after you make your initial decision. They can help with deciding your deck and location by telling you what is available, but PVP just handles the actual sale and locking in the purchase.

The Promotions department handles any and all upgrade offers. The higher up the VIFP the better the stateroom you will more likely get when booking a GTY stateroom.

agreed

I believe guaranteed cabins are just the left overs. When they reach a point that the number of cabins available is the same as the number of guarateed cabins thats what you get. So i think a little bit of luck that a left over cabin was that close and maybe because you were linked is why your friend and not another guaranty got that cabin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We did a guarantee and an assigned once, the assigned was in inside on the Panorama deck (because we like the higher floors). Sure enough, the guarantee got assigned to one of the walkway facing "inside" cabins on Panorama too!

I asked our PVP and she said that since our bookings are "linked" that the department who assigns guarantees does sometimes take things like this into consideration in order to keep groups together, when able.

So while I know there is no guarantee, I think there is a good chance that when you link them that you'll be a whole lot closer than if you don't!

are your bookings linked? If so that very well may be the case

a little different situation, but in my guarantee bookings in the past, 3 and 4 cabins those times, not only were all cabins directly adjacent to each other - but they were all higher category balconies - 8c and 8d.

I am certain that they took into account that we booked together (in one case not same day and between PvP and CVS).

We've had this happen too. We had booked 3 OV guarantees on Carnival Legend and were all upgraded and assigned partially obstructed balconies side by side by side. My guess is that if they upgrade one, they will upgrade all if the reservations are linked, or none at all - most likely to avoid arguments or hard feelings, and besides, it wouldn't be fair to upgrade one cabin and not the others - what would be the determining factor other than luck of the draw?