Video Games on Dream

Mbrthelegend

I have searched high and low for an answer but keep coming up empty. We have a 13 year old that lives and breathes video games. i know, I lnow.....but it's his vacation too and should get some time to do his favorite thing. I understand there are games in both Edge and Vibe but I see no reference to specifically what kinds of games. I have found a reference that they have both PS and X-box but I am trying to find out what games are available. At 13 will he only have access to kiddie games? Is there any chance he will be admitted to Vibe for a better game selection or is there even a better selection there?

At 13 he will be in Edge.

The video games there will be age appropriate to his age group.

If by only kiddie games you mean games that are rated higher than his age, then yes.

You could bring your own games console aboard and hook that up to the TV in your stateroom. (DCL say not allowed, but that really is an old policy with the CRT TV's, not the new flat screens).

HTH's

ex techie

Video game consoles are still on the prohibited list.

You can try to bring it with the understanding it could be held for you until debark.

"DVD, VCR, or Blu ray players or, Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii gaming systems are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs"

from; https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

Good Luck

As I posted above, that is a legacy/ghost policy never rescinded after the switch from the CRT tube TV's to the new flat screens across the fleet.

If DCL really wanted you to not plug in your iPad, iPhone, laptop into the TV, they would have disabled these inputs as they use hotel models of TV's with the ability to restrict access to certain areas of the menu or inputs.

ex techie

Just so know, he will not be able to go to the Edge and just play video games whenever he wants. Our DS, 12, would have been quite happy if that was the case. However, he really wan't able to play any video games in the Edge at all.

Edited by mcd2745

Just so know, he will not be able to go to the Edge and just play video games whenever he wants. Our DS, 12, would have been quite happy if that was the case. However, he really wan't able to play any video games in the Edge at all.

They can't come and go?

They can come and go as they please. However, when they are in there, they can't just play video games all they want.

Do they always have organized activities they have to participate in? I guess I have the wrong idea of what this kids club is all about. Could you explain what a typical day your son had in there? What did he like? What did he dislike? I don't think our son will enjoy participating in their group activities. That is not his style at all.

Do they always have organized activities they have to participate in? I guess I have the wrong idea of what this kids club is all about. Could you explain what a typical day your son had in there? What did he like? What did he dislike? I don't think our son will enjoy participating in their group activities. That is not his style at all.

Sounds a lot like our son. He wasn't a big fan of a lot of their activities (I can't really recall what they were exactly - although "gender wars" seemed to be a common one). As a result, he ended up not spending a lot of time in there. He can certainly stay in there and not participate in the activities, and I believe they have some laptops in there as well with pre-loaded games - but our son didn't care for those either. If I recall correctly, there is only one TV that would be able to be used for Xbox/PS/Wii (as well as other things), so I don't think they want it to be occupied by kids playing video games all the time.

It's not that unimaginable that he wasn't.

Think 250 kids that can attend the Edge.

Maybe 75% of them do attend the Edge, so 187 kids of the 250 likely do, and 20% of the 187 want to play just video games when they want.

That would mean 37 individual gaming stations, (4ft x 6ft) with all with the seats, screens, Xbox's and games available. 888sq feet just for the total number of stations, let alone corridors.

Way too much space on a ship to dedicate for such a small number of PAX.

Even if it were 2 player stations.

As above, if an individual is that intent on gaming, then bring your gaming system and use it in the Stateroom.

Until DCL adopt the O3B technology that RCI have now for the Quantum ship, no online gaming will work great.

ex techie