Allure Review - September 28th - By A Smuggler

This is a review from someone who smuggled a bottle of 190 proof grain alchohol in a rum runner type flask bought from Dick's Sporting Goods. They work great! For all my efforts at smuggling, I was pleasantly surprised that the booze made it through. I figured out of 5874 passengers, some of us were definitely gonna make it through. I only had about 5 drinks the whole week, with plenty of booze to go around. I really don't drink that much, and just wanted to see if it could be done easily on the mega ships. Here's the booze in the bottle. I also purchased a soda cup so I'd have mixer.

jpegs1-388.jpg

Edited by sonicbuffalo

We ate dinner with this couple, with the guy with a cast on his foot. The first night of the cruise, he was playing volleyball with some youngsters and rolled hsi ankle over and ended up in the infirmary. They said he had broken it, and to make matters worse, they did not purchase any trip insurance. He was a little concened about the big bill he was gonna get. His wife and him made the most of the cruise though, as we ran into them several times at different events. A real nice couple.

jpegs1-407.jpg

A beautiful sunset as we left Nassau. I would advise anyone going there to be careful. One of the locals had some nasty stuff to say to me as we passed on the street. He might have had a lookout working with him, as a woman kept stopping and looking back at us and calling someone. There is an advisory out right now for people traveling to The Bahamas. Be careful and don't stray from the beaten path. We just walked down to Junkanoo Beach and back to the ship.

jpegs1-156.jpg

Based on my experience with Carnival.....I blew out my knee the second night of a week cruise to Mexico in one of their lounges at a private party. It was all my own fault....dancing and it slipped out....I was in a wheel chair the rest of the cruise, and three years and two surgeries later I live with a torn ACL.....Carnival never billed me, I had to sign all the legal wavers stating they had no fault, I had reasonably good care on board. I think the cruise lines just don't want a law suite so they don't bill you....at least Carnival didn't.

I meant to tell you, we were detained by the checkpoint getting on the ship. It appears that Royal Caribbean's Sea Pass Card makers aren't very good, and mine and my wife's didn't print correctly, and we had to go to the Diamond area and wait another half hour for new cards. Later in the cruise, my wife's new card started smearing and she had to get yet another card at Guest Services.

jpegs1-139.jpg

Our first look at the Promenade after boarding the ship. It was overwhelming when we first boarded. I was a little bit concerned earlier when we got detained for new Sea Passes as they weren't too quick to tell us what the hold up was. I thought my booze had been caught.

jpegs1-145.jpg

Based on my experience with Carnival.....I blew out my knee the second night of a week cruise to Mexico in one of their lounges at a private party. It was all my own fault....dancing and it slipped out....I was in a wheel chair the rest of the cruise, and three years and two surgeries later I live with a torn ACL.....Carnival never billed me, I had to sign all the legal wavers stating they had no fault, I had reasonably good care on board. I think the cruise lines just don't want a law suite so they don't bill you....at least Carnival didn't.

Good luck to you...I really hope our friend doesn't get billed either. His wife asked me when I asked her if they had insurance if they really had insurance for sale? I said yes, we purchase it every time. They were very nice.

Where most of the pictures were taken on the cruise....in front of the hot rod. After a while the novelty of it wears off. Just when it does, Captain Johnny makes a grand entrance the last night riding his motorcycle. More about that later as we got to meet him. We also rode the elevator with the number 2 man on the ship, the Staff Captain.

jpegs1-179.jpg