Breakaway-best balcony cabin? Dock on which side?

emt9898

I was looking in the 12260 area ANYONE.. pros.... cons...

Deck 12 is generally very quiet as it is sandwiched between two decks that are all cabins and not public areas.

Cabin 12260 is port side, and a bit towards the rear but still kind of considered a mid-ship cabin. Being on the port side, you won't be able to see the Statue of Liberty from your balcony on the way out, but if you are awake you will see it on the way in.

Best way to sum it up... Decent Balcony Cabin

We were just in 12238 for Bermuda. The cabins are pretty much all the same but ours was on a bump out so the balcony was decent size. If you look at the deck plans you can see which cabins have the bump outs and pick one of those. If the cabins are in the same category there is no cost difference so why not get a bigger balcony. Our thoughts about Deck 12...going down to Deck 8 (Waterfront) and 6 were not bad. Going back up to 12 usually meant taking the elevator. We would walk up to Deck 15 for the buffet but three decks left me kind of winded. Deck 12 was not overly loud but it is where the kids club is so we sometimes heard kids being picked up or dropped off.

Thanks!! I hope I made a good choice. I was going to do the guarantee balcony and let them pick for you but we love our balcony so I would have been very disappointed if I got an obstructive view or something... it was had to choose what cabin to pick!!!

• 6 months later...
DONE!!!I booked 12238 for May 17 2015.... Can't wait!!!!

Hi could you possibly post pics of this cabin 12238, we are in this cabin next year, I really wonder how much bigger the balcony is? Thank you Charlene

Edited by Liven42day