Freeport/ Nassau and kids

amcjeep4life

Nassau: Blue Lagoon may be a fun option for them. I was going to say Atlantis but you were quick to shoot that one down hahaha. Those boys will likely LOVE the waterpark at Atlantis. Blue Lagoon if I recall is about 60 bucks for adults and a little less for kids under 12. Price includes lunch, transportation, etc.

Freeport, I don't think id bother getting off the ship if I was with my kid.

awe ok so they may not be the waterpark type. I grew up around the water and have loved waterparks growing up and still to this day at 36 years old I enjoy them. Atlantis is definitely costly (I don't know about the cost of a cruise, i guess depending on what line and what deal you got maybe haha). Atlantis day pass which gets you the beach, waterpark and aquarium is $125.00 for an adult and $88.00 per child. To me..its worth it. Ive been a couple of times myself and still enjoy it and it gets me a few options on how I want to spread out my day...a little time on the beach, some snorkeling, waterslides, some time in the aquarium, etc. Another cheaper option would be to just take the #10 bus to one of the beaches ($1.25 PP each way for the bus). If they aren't into water much there is always the queen staircase and fort which you can walk to from the ship or there is the pirate museum

I probably should have been more specific when I responded. We LOVE the water. They weren't into the slides. That's why I figured Atlantis wouldn't be worth the money. I priced a room at Comfort Inn, which shares space, and it was over $400. Thru the cruise line is about $500. Your way is just over $300, but I know they also limit the number of day passes, and we are going during Spring Break week (up north anyway). We're definitely going to hit a beach, I just wasn't sure which ones would be better for kids. Thanks for the help!

yes they do limit the number and during spring break could sell out...but you can purchase in advance. But it doesn't sound like Atlantis is a good plan for yall. Maybe Junkanoo Beach? Close to the cruise ships. Otherwise Cable beach is nice but lacks amenities. I would avoid Cabbage beach with children as the waters there can get pretty knarly with rip currents...the waters there are real iffy for anyone who isnt a very strong swimmer...and even then it can get real dicey at times. There is also the beach at the Hilton next to the cruise port but they do charge a day pass fee to use their facilities/beach. If you walk past Hilton you will run into Junkanoo Beach...I think this may suit your needs from the sounds of things.

yes they do limit the number and during spring break could sell out...but you can purchase in advance. But it doesn't sound like Atlantis is a good plan for yall. Maybe Junkanoo Beach? Close to the cruise ships. Otherwise Cable beach is nice but lacks amenities. I would avoid Cabbage beach with children as the waters there can get pretty knarly with rip currents...the waters there are real iffy for anyone who isnt a very strong swimmer...and even then it can get real dicey at times. There is also the beach at the Hilton next to the cruise port but they do charge a day pass fee to use their facilities/beach. If you walk past Hilton you will run into Junkanoo Beach...I think this may suit your needs from the sounds of things.

Totally Agree! Junkanoo Beach would certainly be your least expensive option! :)

LuLu