Frolicking on the Fantasy

JaniceB

Just booked this cruise last night. We sail on the November 29th. This will be my first disney cruise. I am bringing my granddaughters ages 7,6,3 and their mothers. Since none of us have ever cruised on Disney before we would love some suggestions on how to make the most of our cruise.

We are not telling the girls about the cruise until their birthdays which are all in November. We would love some ideas on how to break the news to them.

The adults are very excited about our first disney cruise. So glad we don't have to wait long, I don't think we could contain our excitement for any length of time. We have been to WDW many times and even Disneyland and love the parks. Can't wait to check out first Disney ship and see the faces of my little princesses, even the big ones!:)

You all will love the Fantasy. I took my daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren and everyone had a fantastic time.

If the granddaughters have Disney princess outfits, bring them along. My granddaughter wore hers three times over the week. If the girls don't have outfits, get them in advance - they are more expensive onboard.

Enjoy!

Get princess and pirate outfits immediately before or after Halloween. The Disney store will typically start reducing them the week before, but of course the best prices are right after....and the selection decreases then. Target has great pirate stuff.

There are a million ideas for telling the kids. Cheap and easy--request the cruise DVD and play it for the family...then give them the word.

More effort--scavenger hunts, ship shaped cakes, etc.

You all will love the Fantasy. I took my daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren and everyone had a fantastic time.

If the granddaughters have Disney princess outfits, bring them along. My granddaughter wore hers three times over the week. If the girls don't have outfits, get them in advance - they are more expensive onboard.

Enjoy!

Thank you. My older granddaughters had princess outfits but they outgrew them but the little one wanted Minnie Mouse for Halloween so she has something, not sure what to do with the older ones.

Get princess and pirate outfits immediately before or after Halloween. The Disney store will typically start reducing them the week before' date=' but of course the best prices are right after....and the selection decreases then. Target has great pirate stuff.

There are a million ideas for telling the kids. Cheap and easy--request the cruise DVD and play it for the family...then give them the word.

More effort--scavenger hunts, ship shaped cakes, etc.[/quote']

Thank you. I did order the DVD so they can watch it. We were thinking after Halloween might be a good time for the pirate dress up. Didn't think to check the disney store right before Halloween and will look at Target, thanks for the tips.

If you log onto your account on the Disney cruise website, you can schedule a phone call to the kids from Micky (and others). A great way to tell them about the cruise! :)

They would love that.

personally i would rather just bag up there stuff hop in the car or what ever way you are getting there and surprise them with the big ship

Great idea but their birthday days come a week or more before the cruise and this is their gift

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We have had custom cards made for them in the past. (Shutterfly) ours have been christmas presents from Santa. So my card would be a letter from Santa, but I used photos from the ship on the card and explained in the card that a Disney cruise was their gift. We will be on that same sailing. It's our second time on the Fantasy and fourth Disney cruise. It will be a wonderful vacation for you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums