12 hr sale!

Sweetsforjay

Called our pvp and was more than glad to give up our room for a guarantee to save $609.00. Love paying 320.00 plus tax for eight day cruise to Aruba, Bonaire and Grand Turk with four sea days....You can call me Happy Happy...:)

Edited by mrpayroll

Finally received an email reply to my price protection request:

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Please note your Early Saver price protection request has been denied. The promotion requested is not applicable since it is based on a guarantee promotion, which is not combinable with the Early Saver Promotion. Carnival allows you one-time opportunity to change to a guarantee promotion and that was done on 9/9/14. based . Any future rate adjustments are strictly based on a cabin assignment only.

Please feel free to contact one of our Representatives at 1-800-438-6744 ext 70355 in the event that you have any additional questions regarding this denial. Should you wish to refer back to the terms and conditions we have provided the link http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx on exercising a price protection.

I was told in September "once ES, always ES" when I gave up my room for the 72hr sale. I imagine that if I call and raise a bit of a fuss I could get my request honored. We were however already assigned a cabin that is an upgrade to what our original room choice was, and BFF was assigned a cabin right next to us! It was also explained to us that if the price protection was honored, my original OBC would be forfeited and then given the new OBC, which was about $20 more. Not worth the fight at all to be thrown back in the GTY pool.

This does though answer the question that some have about switching from a room you've chosen to a GTY. It seems that it is a one time only allowance but is honored for ES. Had I not requested the price adjustment in Sept during the 72hr sale I'd have double the amount of OBC, but I'm still pleased with the amount I paid.

These terms are not very clear and I have seen, and heard from Carnival directly so many conflicting rules. This has been a bit frustrating but not so much to ruin my experience. It will play a factor though in any future plans to cruise and may incline me to try a different cruise line if rates are comparable. But for now I'm happy to accept the fact that I paid a fair price for a 5 day cruise and it also has taught me to read fine print carefully, ask many questions and also ask that those answers be documented for any future reference.

Hope this helps make things clear for those who have some ES questions. Not sure it has made things clear for me, but I'm not willing to split hairs on what I am expecting to be a wonderful vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has everyone who filled in the forms for the price drop on the 12 hr. sale heard from Carnival by now?

I had booked my cruise through a TA but by the time I saw the 12 hr. sale my TA's office was closed for the day and the sale would be over by the time they opened in the morning. I filled out the form myself and as of yet have not heard a thing. I wish I would hear one way or the other. Do I have a chance of getting the price drop even though the form was not filled out by my TA?

Has everyone who filled in the forms for the price drop on the 12 hr. sale heard from Carnival by now?

I had booked my cruise through a TA but by the time I saw the 12 hr. sale my TA's office was closed for the day and the sale would be over by the time they opened in the morning. I filled out the form myself and as of yet have not heard a thing. I wish I would hear one way or the other. Do I have a chance of getting the price drop even though the form was not filled out by my TA?

Wow i think if you have a ta you have to go through them. I suggest you call Carnival and ask them. I think they also have processed everything so you might want to see if they received it.

I can say I never fill out the form I just call and they adjust while you are on the phone.

I can say we never had a problem calling. Hopefully you have some proof because a few days have gone by. Good luck.

Finally received an email reply to my price protection request:

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Please note your Early Saver price protection request has been denied. The promotion requested is not applicable since it is based on a guarantee promotion, which is not combinable with the Early Saver Promotion. Carnival allows you one-time opportunity to change to a guarantee promotion and that was done on 9/9/14. based . Any future rate adjustments are strictly based on a cabin assignment only.

Please feel free to contact one of our Representatives at 1-800-438-6744 ext 70355 in the event that you have any additional questions regarding this denial. Should you wish to refer back to the terms and conditions we have provided the link http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx on exercising a price protection.

I was told in September "once ES, always ES" when I gave up my room for the 72hr sale. I imagine that if I call and raise a bit of a fuss I could get my request honored. We were however already assigned a cabin that is an upgrade to what our original room choice was, and BFF was assigned a cabin right next to us! It was also explained to us that if the price protection was honored, my original OBC would be forfeited and then given the new OBC, which was about $20 more. Not worth the fight at all to be thrown back in the GTY pool.

This does though answer the question that some have about switching from a room you've chosen to a GTY. It seems that it is a one time only allowance but is honored for ES. Had I not requested the price adjustment in Sept during the 72hr sale I'd have double the amount of OBC, but I'm still pleased with the amount I paid.

These terms are not very clear and I have seen, and heard from Carnival directly so many conflicting rules. This has been a bit frustrating but not so much to ruin my experience. It will play a factor though in any future plans to cruise and may incline me to try a different cruise line if rates are comparable. But for now I'm happy to accept the fact that I paid a fair price for a 5 day cruise and it also has taught me to read fine print carefully, ask many questions and also ask that those answers be documented for any future reference.

Hope this helps make things clear for those who have some ES questions. Not sure it has made things clear for me, but I'm not willing to split hairs on what I am expecting to be a wonderful vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's exactly as I said before but I'm glad you were able to get definite confirmation from Carnival. No more "debate" needed. Have a great cruise and enjoy your original savings. Something is better than nothing.

I contacted Carnival who wouldn't even talk to me since I booked with a TA. I talked to my TA and it sounds like Carnival has just disregarded my form since it was not done by her so that's that I guess. I'll keep watching for the next price drop.