Taxi Rates for 13 people from FLL --> Fort Lauderdale Beach Area

QTPieRye

Has anyone recently taken a taxi from FLL airport to Fort Lauderdale beach Area? Last year hubby and I took a taxi (van) from airport to beach area and it cost $20.00 or so......Do the taxi's charge flat rate to location or per person rates? Have any large groups taken taken taxi(van) and what has been your experience? Thanks :)

It depends...the Fort Lauderdale beach area is about 6 miles long. Taxis do not charge a flat rate, as it depends on time and distance. I've never taken a taxi van but I don't know of any taxi companies that charge per person. You can reach Yellow Cab at 954-777-7777.

Edited by royalcruz

It depends...the Fort Lauderdale beach area is about 6 miles long. Taxis do not charge a flat rate, as it depends on time and distance. I've never taken a taxi van but I don't know of any taxi companies that charge per person. You can reach Yellow Cab at 954-777-7777.

Thanks... I called Yellow Taxi and their cabs hold 4 people and are $4.50 1st mile and $2.40 each additional mile, regardless of people. Since we rode a shuttle type van, I assume this was another taxi service.

Shuttle companies charge per person. Those are specifically van service like SAS or Go Shuttle.

Cabs are usually the easiest and less costly with two or more riders per cab. There are suv cabs that will easily hold 5 for same cost.

Edited by eandj

We took a taxi Saturday night after we arrived in FLL and it was a mini van type, we went from airport to Galleryone doubletree and it was 40.00 before tip.. He said it was

More than what meter said because of our bags, Which was odd to me but who knows...it was 1am and I just wanted to go to bed:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took a taxi Saturday night after we arrived in FLL and it was a mini van type, we went from airport to Galleryone doubletree and it was 40.00 before tip.. He said it was

More than what meter said because of our bags, Which was odd to me but who knows...it was 1am and I just wanted to go to bed:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a great cruise! When you get back, I am curious how many people that was for :) Thanks!