Need an Overall Magic Update

texas greeneyes

Hello all,

I will be departing soon on the Carnival Magic...Coz, isla roatan, belize.. Any recommendations for the following will be greatly appreciated:

Prettiest beach at/near each port

What is new on the Magic since 2012?

Best things to do if you stay on ship while in port

This will be my ninth cruise, all on Carnival, but last year we took a land vac (fam reunion), so I am a bit out of touch.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I will be departing soon on the Carnival Magic...Coz, isla roatan, belize.. Any recommendations for the following will be greatly appreciated:

Prettiest beach at/near each port

What is new on the Magic since 2012?

Best things to do if you stay on ship while in port

This will be my ninth cruise, all on Carnival, but last year we took a land vac (fam reunion), so I am a bit out of touch.

Thanks in advance!

We cruised the Magic in June 2013 and again in August 2014.

Nothing new. Even the illusionist was the same guy doing the same show! Might have had a couple new entrees on the MDR menu..not really sure. But no new attractions, activities, etc. They did put new carpet in our hallway during the cruise....

Only visited one beach so cannot comment on those in any detail.

Watch your Fun Times. On one of the Sea Days they offer a cooking demonstration. You get samples of food they cook in the steakhouse. It meets in the steakhouse. They only do it once and only about 40 people can attend. First come, first serve. On our cruise it started at 1130. We arrived at 1100. It was full and they shut the doors by 1120. Many people were turned away. Lasts about 40 minutes. Well worth it. No charge.

We cruised the Magic in June 2013 and again in August 2014.

Nothing new. Even the illusionist was the same guy doing the same show! Might have had a couple new entrees on the MDR menu..not really sure. But no new attractions, activities, etc. They did put new carpet in our hallway during the cruise....

Only visited one beach so cannot comment on those in any detail.

Watch your Fun Times. On one of the Sea Days they offer a cooking demonstration. You get samples of food they cook in the steakhouse. It meets in the steakhouse. They only do it once and only about 40 people can attend. First come, first serve. On our cruise it started at 1130. We arrived at 1100. It was full and they shut the doors by 1120. Many people were turned away. Lasts about 40 minutes. Well worth it. No charge.

Thanks...might try it!

Thank you! Can you remember the beach's name? Do you know what amenities are available, and if there is a fee to use the beach? Also, are on the beach massages available?

Actually you can see the beach from the ship. No more than 5 minutes walk.

I think it was Mohogany Beach & there was a fee to ride the sky chairs & included the beach. I don't remember the cost but it wasn't much. It's worth it, really nice beach with a lot of shade trees.

Or you can just walk to the beach for free.

We bought the excursion that included unlimited rides on the sky chairs, a clamshell (shade) with two lounge chairs, two floaties and use of a two-person Kayak for 30 minutes. It was $59 for two people. In the big scheme of things pretty reasonable. But we did take the short nature trail back to the beach after we returned to the ship for lunch...saw a few local critters.

I did the 2 beach chair, unlimited ride excursion as well. good idea, the covered chairs fill up fast. but staying right at the port in Roatan is your best bet, with nice sandy beach, snorkeling off a little pier, shopping, nature walk, food and bar right there.

Chankanaab is national park in Cozumel. there is a fee to get in but a lot to see. nice park with small sand beach (mostly rocky shoreline, but good for snorkeling), nature walk, tortilla and tequila makers, and dolphin/sea lion shows. its a full day if you want to relax, swim, and have a nice walk.

in Belize, we took a ships excursion, which we never do, but considering the distance of anything from the cruise port and the crime rate in Belize City, we decided to keep it simple and stay in a group. we did a really great river tour and Mayan ruins. we saw iguana, crocodiles, and manatee.

have a great trip!