price drops, upgrades, and kids sail free promo

dna529

Has anyone ever booked the kids sail free promo and been able to upgrade to a higher category after final payment or even taken advantage of price drops after the promo ended? Well I did last year, after final payment I upgraded (for free) from an inside to an oceanview and did not have to pay for the 3rd and 4th persons since the KSF promo had obviously ended.

Last night I called to find out how much it would be to upgrade from a balcony to a mini-suite and was told that I would have to pay for the 3rd and 4th and it would be $1K more as a result. I told her that I was able to upgrade last year without paying for the 3rd and 4th. She had no explanation why I was able to do this last year. I asked her if I booked KSF would I ever be able to take advantage of price drops or upgrades and she had no response whatsoever. Consistency would be nice. Anyone have any experience with this?

I think it depends on which rep you get. That's what happened to me back in May. After some persistence by my ta, a rep upgraded me to a balcony from an inside. I am hoping to upgrade again for my Dec cruise when price drops low enough. Maybe ksf would even come back to make the upgrade easier.

My advice is to keep trying and hope a rep know how to and will upgrade you. Good luck.

Maybe not exactly what you are asking but we have 3 cabins booked on BA 11/2 booked months ago under KSF, upgrade wave promo. We saw that the cabin types we had booked were roughly $100 less with a higher OBC under the current promo. I called and the rep happily upgraded us to aft balconies and a minisuite- the value of those rooms was around $100-150 more than what our original price was. They did the upgrade for free.

We booked under the same promo as you did. I called and was told no it could not be done. I guess it just depends on what rep you get. They really have to get together and get their reps on the same page.

It's less a matter of the promo and more about current price. Is the current listed price higher or lower than what you paid? If you had 2-3 kids in the room, current price was probably higher than your KSF promo. It also depends on who you get & who is working for you in your corner. It's one example of where a TA makes a difference

I've seen this same question posted several times so you aren't the only one getting that answer.

But, we booked two cabins - 1 mini and 1 inside. We were able to upgrade one of our cabins from an inside to a balcony and then a balcony to a mini-suite while still retaining our KSF promotion. We are scheduled to sail on Oct. 24. Why the PCC's are not consistent is confusing to me. I didn't squeak (about this) and I'm not well connected. :)

Edited by cruisecritiquer

It isn't a matter of retaining the promotion. Forget about that. It is about current pricing. Look at what you paid originally vs today's cost for the same cabin. If what you paid originally is more than what you'd pay today, they will try to make it up to you with a free upgrade. If you paid less than current offer, your option is to take current sale price for the cabin you want, subtract what you already paid and pay the difference. It is very simple.

It isn't a matter of retaining the promotion. Forget about that. It is about current pricing. Look at what you paid originally vs today's cost for the same cabin. If what you paid originally is more than what you'd pay today, they will try to make it up to you with a free upgrade. If you paid less than current offer, your option is to take current sale price for the cabin you want, subtract what you already paid and pay the difference. It is very simple.

I disagree with you Connie, if I understand you correctly. At the time of our upgrade, the price was more than what we paid initially. We paid the difference and kept the KSF promotion. There was one change we wanted to make that we weren't permitted to make without losing the promotion. We wanted to move from a MA category to a B9 category (Mini to Spa Balcony) most recently. In this case the Spa Balcony was more than the Mini even though the Mini was a higher category technically. For this reason, because we wanted to technically move down in category even though the price was higher, they wanted to take our KSF promotion away. So, I disagree with you that retaining the KSF promotion is not a factor.

I paid around $800 pp for a balcony. 2 Kids were free. Mini-suites are now $899. I want to pay $200 more for a mini-suite based on current pricing. NCL wants me to pay $1000 more to pay for the kids that were originally free. So the promotion would be lost if I upgraded.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I've seen this same question posted several times so you aren't the only one getting that answer.

But, we booked two cabins - 1 mini and 1 inside. We were able to upgrade one of our cabins from an inside to a balcony and then a balcony to a mini-suite while still retaining our KSF promotion. We are scheduled to sail on Oct. 24. Why the PCC's are not consistent is confusing to me. I didn't squeak (about this) and I'm not well connected. :)

Exactly:)

I paid around $800 pp for a balcony. 2 Kids were free. Mini-suites are now $899. I want to pay $200 more for a mini-suite based on current pricing. NCL wants me to pay $1000 more to pay for the kids that were originally free. So the promotion would be lost if I upgraded.

Forget about promos, you should be allowed to pay the difference between total you paid ($amount, not pp) vs today's listed total amount. If you weren't allowed that call back

Forget about promos, you should be allowed to pay the difference between total you paid ($amount, not pp) vs today's listed total amount. If you weren't allowed that call back

I'm wondering if you are missing dna's point. They want OP to pay the difference between the initial booking rate and the current rate sans the KSF promotion. That's a larger amount than just paying the difference between the initial rate and the current rate. I don't know why you keep saying forget about the promo. The promo is what is saving the OP money.

This is probably the worst time for you to do this as they have that overpriced 10% back Obc nonsense going on at the moment

I believe it goes until oct 14

I bet if you call after that you will get a heck of a deal

I believe many posters here are in agreement that Ncl jacked up the prices during this promo so a good upgrade for you will be pricey

Wait until after the 14 th

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

No, they want OP to take today's current rate at today's promo and then take the $ he spent so far and pay the difference. It's that simple. The promos are what is mucking the conversation up.

If I paid $2000 total for 4 people all-in 6 mths ago for a balcony and today it is $3000 all in for the minisuite under today's promo, then you pay $1000 to upgrade. Period. Otherwise, you are asking them to STACK promos which they won't ever do.

This is probably the worst time for you to do this as they have that overpriced 10% back Obc nonsense going on at the moment

I believe it goes until oct 14

I bet if you call after that you will get a heck of a deal

I believe many posters here are in agreement that Ncl jacked up the prices during this promo so a good upgrade for you will be pricey

Wait until after the 14 th

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not in agreement. Pricing under this current promo for Nov sailing on BA was LESS than it was under KSF 6 mths ago. Plus then you got 10% OBC. Totally depends on when you booked, category and sail date but they did not, across the board, raise prices 10% for the promo

No, they want OP to take today's current rate at today's promo and then take the $ he spent so far and pay the difference. It's that simple. The promos are what is mucking the conversation up.

If I paid $2000 total for 4 people all-in 6 mths ago for a balcony and today it is $3000 all in for the minisuite under today's promo, then you pay $1000 to upgrade. Period. Otherwise, you are asking them to STACK promos which they won't ever do.

The point is they are STILL telling OP that OP can't do something we did with our reservation.

For the record, the biggest promotion they have going on right now is the Perfect 10 and they don't give you any additional OBC anyway when you upgrade after an initial booking. When we upgraded we didn't ask them to stack promotions, we kept the promotion that was in effect at the time of our initial booking (the KSF) and upgraded at a time when the KSF was no longer available.

Not in agreement. Pricing under this current promo for Nov sailing on BA was LESS than it was under KSF 6 mths ago. Plus then you got 10% OBC. Totally depends on when you booked, category and sail date but they did not, across the board, raise prices 10% for the promo

That might be because November is less than a month away and they need to fill the ship. Those who tried to rebook sailings further out have pretty much reported an increase in their fare.

That might be because November is less than a month away and they need to fill the ship. Those who tried to rebook sailings further out have pretty much reported an increase in their fare.

Yes, hence my additional description of it depending on a dozen different things like category, when you booked, sail date and so on.

Ugh.

You were allowed to do the following: pay the difference between today's list price under current promo vs what you paid in total. Period. OP can do the same except that difference for him is $1000.

What cruisecritiquer is saying is that her price would have been more also if they had not allowed her to keep her ksf promotion. I give up.