price drops, upgrades, and kids sail free promo

dna529

Not in agreement. Pricing under this current promo for Nov sailing on BA was LESS than it was under KSF 6 mths ago. Plus then you got 10% OBC. Totally depends on when you booked, category and sail date but they did not, across the board, raise prices 10% for the promo

Ok possibly. However the op is not getting a good upgrade offer anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have also been able to upgrade after KSF promo was off and only pay the difference for the upgrade between the first 2 passengers and I've also been told no. I waited a few weeks and tried again and got the upgrade for a good deal. When dealing directly with NCL. I really think there is a HUGE difference between new NCL that don't know how to work the deals and old NCL employees that are pros at working the deals.

I would call NCL again after the Perfect 10 promo is gone. This promo sucks. They raised prices to make it look good and it's really a crappy deal!

If you have a TA and they aren't fighting for you, I'd call them on it! Cause clearly something is fishy. A good TA should help convince NCL to give you that good deal, that's what they get paid to do and any TA that tells you to get ripped off is a bad TA!

Edited by darkprayer

My PCC finally e-mailed me back and said I would lose my KSF promo if I upgraded. Now the price of a balcony is cheaper than what I paid and mini-suites have gone down even more. I just don't understand why some people are allowed to upgrade and keep their KSF and I am not. Yes, I will love my room and my vacation, but this really makes me feel unappreciated by NCL. This is our 4th NCL cruise. So just be aware... apparently there is no reason to even look for price drops or try to upgrade if you booked under Kids sail free. :(

NOT true. The price listed last week and today is less than what I booked with under KSF. Meaning if I booked a new cabin today, the price is lower than what I paid under KSF. So, they upgraded me for free. There are definitely times when KSF is not the best promotion so definitely keep checking especially closer to travel. IF ( and only if), the amount you paid is less than what is listed today, you might get an upgrade or OBC

I don't see how that would be possible in the real world. In my situation for example, I saved $900 by getting 2 kids free. For me to give up my kids sail free offer, my balcony room would have to go down in price to about $400 pp for it to be cheaper than what I paid. When have you ever seen a 7 day balcony for a 7 day on a new ship for $400 pp? What ship and sailing are you on that giving up the kids sail free offer worked out for you?

It happened to me and I am in the real world. I booked a BA cabin under KSF and upgrade wave with one kid in the room for roughly $2400 total all in. It was originally an OC that rode the wave up to a BC balcony so we had a confirmed BC balcony.

Last week, I looked at pricing for a new reservation in a BC cabin and it was an all- in price around $2150 and now also had $170 or so in OBC.

So, I called and they have us a complimentary upgrade to an aft balcony to "make up for" the price decrease.

There is the real world example.

Forget about your pp price, your promo names, etc. The only thing that matters is total you paid vs total right now. I know you aren't seeing that.

Edited by conandrob240

I don't see how that would be possible in the real world. In my situation for example, I saved $900 by getting 2 kids free. For me to give up my kids sail free offer, my balcony room would have to go down in price to about $400 pp for it to be cheaper than what I paid. When have you ever seen a 7 day balcony for a 7 day on a new ship for $400 pp? What ship and sailing are you on that giving up the kids sail free offer worked out for you?

Looks like you should get a new pcc. With two kids ksf is the best promo. One kid not necessarily so if price drop enough. I wouldn't give up though. Might need to fire your pcc to get a rep who will upgrade you because we know their system allows it as you experienced yourself.

Two years ago, ksf came back in November. Hoping for the same then no more excuses by the reps. I am waiting for my week to drop enough before asking for upgrade.

Good luck!